Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone,

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to use diagonal sprites. The script I am using is the Super Orange Movement one:

pic7.png

As you can see, the sprite is affixed normally in the window there:

pic1.png

Here is his sprite sheet:

pic2.png

Here are his diagonal sprites:

pic3.png

I have no idea how to get the game to access these sprites. So what I did was in Photoshop, combined the two sprite sheets to produce this:

pic4.png

But then when I choose this sprite sheet for the character window, I get this:

pic5.png

And then in game it looks like this:

pic6.png

So how on earth do I get the guy to appear normally in game and then the game draws the diagonal sprites??

Thanks for any help!

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I can tell, that script does not allow diagonal sprites. The "Diagonal movement" it allows simply means that you can simultaneously change X and Y positions, not that it will use a special graphic. I suggest trying this instead:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your issue has nothing to do with the diagonal movement plugin, and the one you have should be fine to use.  That spritesheet is not a standard format, and I would expect there would be a plugin with the PV Games pack that's meant to be used so those sprites show up correctly.  They will always appear like that in the editor though, because plugins can't change the behaviour of the editor, only when the game is played.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would expect there would be a plugin with the PV Games pack that's meant to be used so those sprites show up correctly

I don't know exactly what's in the pack since I don't own it, but PV Games does have a thread with recommended plug-ins. From my (admittedly brief) examination of the Super Orange Movement script, it doesn't have the functionality OP is looking for. It's also no longer supported by its creator, so it may be best for him to check out the scripts recommended by PV Games:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually didn't notice at first glance that there are 3 versions of sprites for each character - one straight movement, one diagonal movement, and one with the two combined.  I'd suspect, unless there's a plugin specifically for the combined version, that it's NOT the one needed, so going back to the straight movement would solve the problem of how the sprite appears on the screen (and in the editor).  There'd need to be an 8-dir movement script that does not just the movement but changes the spritesheet as well according to whether you're moving diagonally or not.  I think you're right - see what PV Games recommends and use the appropriate sprite image based on what that plugin does.

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok thanks folks, i'll check out PV Games

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...
Guarii wrote on TSR's profile.
I want to create a OneShot style inventory. Without having the weapons and armor sections. Just the items. How can I do this?
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amaginus