Not open for further replies.

lindsay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to zoom in on the game I am making. So I want to zoom in a little bit more on the character verses having it as it is now were you can see the whole map in view. To get in idea of what I mean, I will attach a screenshot down below or you can watch the horror RPG Pocket Mirror. Yes, this game is also made using RMVX Ace.Also if you know how to do this with others but not this, I can try with that maker. Also if there is a video tutorial of this process for RMVX Ace that helps a lot! Thank you for all the tips! image.pngimages.jpeg

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tutorials' is where people who have made/written a tutorial they want to share with others can post them. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the appropriate Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker VX Ace[/move]

Anomaly

coffee.empty? ? refill_coffee : drink_coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
[US] English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Zeus81's map effects can accomplish a "zoom effect"; it's not perfect but it gets the job done.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/map-effects.13941/

Then use this in a script call when you enter a map.
map_effects.set_zoom(zoom, duration, center_on_player)

This quick config will zoom in 100% more.
map_effects.set_zoom(200, 0, true)

ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to zoom in on the game I am making. So I want to zoom in a little bit more on the character verses having it as it is now were you can see the whole map in view. To get in idea of what I mean, I will attach a screenshot down below or you can watch the horror RPG Pocket Mirror. Yes, this game is also made using RMVX Ace.Also if you know how to do this with others but not this, I can try with that maker. Also if there is a video tutorial of this process for RMVX Ace that helps a lot! Thank you for all the tips! View attachment 94037View attachment 94035

Are you talking about the circle of light around the player? That can be achieved using a dark image "show picture" event command with a bit of transparency in the middle being shown in-game. It's not really a zoom effect at all. Not even sure if Pocket Mirror ever used zoom-in effects.
You can also use scripts to achieve this effect. https://galvs-scripts.com/2013/05/30/visibility-range/

For actual zooming in on pixels, download the Zeus81 script and follow the instructions Noct gave .

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK YOU SAVED ME!
i was looking for new zooming script just beause i was writing

map_effects.set_zoom(120,60)
map_effects.refresh_rate = 60

And it lag my game from 60 to 9 fps...
So yeah people if you reading this, when and if you are using script call Zeus81's map effects, zoom effect, just write this and nothing else.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@RedRose190, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minh0408