How do you come up with character names?

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I usually come up with at least personality first and then choose a name with meaning that fits the character. Sometimes there are exceptions to this and the name comes first, but I think a character's name is very important. I'll either make one up or choose from a list I have already or I'll search for names on baby name websites and look at the meanings lol

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I usually think of a realistic region on earth where the game might take place, look at their cultures names and maybe combine a couple or find one you like.

CountofArath

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Job description and hair colour really, Blue haired Knight, Purple haired Healer, Orange haired Elf Chemist. I really don't like meaningful names unless its meaningful that the character have a meaningful name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that
My new level features a Jellyfish character who cannot love, because he electrocutes everything he touches.
I prefer single roommates. After a hard day, all you want is sleep. I went to bed at 12. I was awakened at 2 because of my roommate laughing and whispering and stuff with her boyfriend on the phone. I didn't want to yell at her so I had to bear that cringy lovey dovey convo for half an hour, before I got so bored that I fell asleep again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voxie