How do you come up with character names?

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I usually come up with at least personality first and then choose a name with meaning that fits the character. Sometimes there are exceptions to this and the name comes first, but I think a character's name is very important. I'll either make one up or choose from a list I have already or I'll search for names on baby name websites and look at the meanings lol

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I usually think of a realistic region on earth where the game might take place, look at their cultures names and maybe combine a couple or find one you like.

CountofArath

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Job description and hair colour really, Blue haired Knight, Purple haired Healer, Orange haired Elf Chemist. I really don't like meaningful names unless its meaningful that the character have a meaningful name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k