How do you compress game data with out needing the RTP data?

ItalyPastaLover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When people download my game I don`t want them to have accesses to the sprite folders or any of the game data folders.Is there a way to compress the data so they can`t get into the folders so they can`t use the game data for there own?

I try to click on crate encrypted data but it only included the audio and nothing else.On XP it dose not have a box you can click on so it will include the RTP data like VX.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
"Create Encrypted Archive" includes the audio ?_?

Which version are you using?

As for including the RTP. You'll have to manually add the RTP resources you are using to the project, unfortunately.

*hugs*

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since when did a maker included Audio in encryption???

or do you mean you see the Audio folder in the game folder? if that's it, that's because the encrypted archive contains both Data and Graphics folders...

Also your title says something about "without RTP data", but I don't see anything about it on your post

ItalyPastaLover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ment the RTP data as in the data i imported into the game like the sprites, tiles, audio, ex not the XP RTP data when i try to add the just the XP RTP data it gives me a error

when i compress the game data and click the encryption it already contains the data and graphics? 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure about in XP, quite a long time since I did one (coz I never bought that)...

what error do you encounter when you try to add RTP data anyway?

ItalyPastaLover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it tells me that it can not find a song the title screen music

but like what Huggins said i have manually add the RTP resources that i an using to the project =/ so there is no way i don`t have to?

i just don`t want people stealing my sprites and tiles off of my game 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, you can't really stop them from doing that... sadly, that's the reality... even if you encrypt them, one search and they can decrypt it... As one of my friends said, if at least one program can open a file, it's never "protected"...

anyway, it seems like the only way is to manually add them yourself, or force your friends to download the RTP...

I ment the RTP data as in the data i imported into the game like the sprites, tiles, audio, ex not the XP RTP data when i try to add the just the XP RTP data it gives me a error
then it isn't the RTP... RTP means the Run Time Packages included with the makers...

anyway, have you actually tried to test the game out on another computer and see if it worked after compression???

Last edited by a moderator:

ItalyPastaLover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i already did but it did not work so i made a zip file with everything in it and worked 

it`s been working, i was just asking if there was a way to prevent people from stealing the data 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well, you could develop your own encrypting mechanism... so as to keep normal people from hacking it...

as far as totally preventing people from stealing the data, as long as the data exists, you can't actually do that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There was a tool here somewhere for "encrypting" your game, I just don't know if it works for XP... try looking for Anti RGSS decrypter

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nesutokung