How do you control common events with basic map variables?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by ClockworkOrgans, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClockworkOrgans

ClockworkOrgans Warper Member

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    So, I’ve been dealing with this problem for a pretty long time, and I literally *cannot* find any tutorial. I want to create raindrops, and I created a common event, containing the images and inner processing of the raindrops.

Now, my biggest problem is that I *do not* know how to use variables to control/disable/cancel a common event.
    i just can't seem to figure it out-

(a little extra questions, how do you create your own inventory that actually works, like, you have three buttons available, the left arrow key, the right arrow key, and esc. I can get the arrow keys to work, but I don’t know how to add a ‘quit’ function with the esc button, if that makes any sense.)

Please help!!

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Common events by default can only be activated/controlled via game switches and not by game variables..

If you need to control it via game variables, you'd probably need to have another common event that modifies the switches depending on the values of the game variables.

3. ClockworkOrgans

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Oh? is that so.
    may i ask, what are these game switches?
    (im actually not using the RPG maker engine, im using another engine Wolf RPG Editor in fact. These two engines look and function very much alike, so why not give it a try)

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Switches are objects that store only true/false (ON/OFF)

I dont know the equivalent in the Wolf engine. This is a forum for RPG Maker and other engines made by Degica , not a wolf forums.

Even if they function the same, you'd still be better off finding a forums specific to Wolf Engine.

5. ClockworkOrgans

First Language:
    Danish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Ah yes, i'm pretty sure that Wolf RPG Editor has that function stored somewhere, i'm pretty positive.

you see, the Wolf RPG Editor engine is incredibly underrated, so there's little to no discussion about the engine, so it's really hard to find tutorials that are actually helpful. I'm still looking for a forum that specializes in this engine, but its so dayum hard and i'm starting to loose all hope-

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    We do not support engines which are not released by Degica, as this site is their official site. It is like going onto a Ford site and expecting to get help with your car made by General Motors.

Closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.