How do you create an event to fight actors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amane Kagari

"That Person" Yes. I'm "That person" that I am.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been wandering if it's possible. (Forgive my wording I don't really know how to word this today. x_x') But is it possible to like create an event to battle other actors like in a scene where an actor turns into an enemy or in a scene where the actor starts as an enemy? And also, does it require a custom battler sprite if it's possible or are their alternative methods?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As in... an enemy that turns into an actor or vice-versa? Or they simply just leave or join the battle?
If you want the enemy to turn into an actor, in the event section of the troops tab, force the escape action upon the enemy, and then use the change party members command to add an actor. If you want an actor to turn into an enemy, again, use the change party members command and then use the enemy appear command.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a couple of animated battler plugins as well as sideview enemies plug-ins, just take a look at the master script list.

With something like this, you could have an SV actor, like one of your main characters in your battle system, and use it an enemy.

If you wanted to have the actor change sides in the middle of the battle or at the start of the battle, you will need to do some eventing.

From what I've learned, almost anything is possible if you put your mind too it.

Amane Kagari

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make a fight where your enemy is one of the listed actors in the database as an event of sorts like you have to confront one of the NPCs to make he/she your ally and all. Like an example would be like:
Party runs into a scene but is ambushed by an NPC that seems friendly at first but turns into an enemy to test the party by fighting them. I've been trying this numerous times but I ended up confused even with this new master script list.

The old way I did it in old RPG Makers was to convert their actor battlers into enemies but in MV, it seems it isn't that simple since there is no "battler" to convert from unless you make some sort of art. So I was wondering if there are alternatives since I'm still a novice in terms of learning to use MV even though I had MV for a long time.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, so, there would have to be both an actor and an enemy with the same name. If you want a normal sprite battler, you'll have to get an animated enemies plugin, but otherwise, if you want just a regular sideview battler, you can either look in a workshop, request one, or just use the default that looks the most like your character. As far as an event that looks friendly but battles against you, you want them to turn into an enemy before the battle starts? If so, just make them join your party and then afterwards, initiate the battle sequence with the enemy version of that character, which you'll set up before hand, in whichever way you so choose.

Amane Kagari

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. I'll figure something out then. Thanks everyone for your helps. ^^

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really wanna find this method. Turn a party as an enemy to fight in a battle is.....difficult to me except I have to create a main character in enemy list. Create an enemy of the certain character, add skills, parameter and buffs. Creating event is a best idea where we can see what happen between friends or rivals against each other.

I made battles where Big brother vs lil sis', then lil sis vs big brother.

big bro vs lil sis : 3:40
lil sis vs big bro : 8:00

ItsMeDevRoland

MrWater Is here To Help ya, Or ask?
Reaction score
First Language
Python
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same, here, even though this thread is old, Im still looking forward on this, Maybe i should probably just improvise i guess

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@ItsMeDevRoland , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Make a Game in RMMZ Streams are going to remain in hiatus this week. Too much to do! 4 things will be announced on Monday though! Look forward to that.
Typed a long-ish reply to a post... forgot to actually HIT the post button, and moved to a different page.... finally noticed, don't remember what all I had typed and don't feel like trying to re-type it all.... smh....
Their tactics are evolving. They've learned to call for help when cornered. Never trust a mammal!
Good morning all. I still have a post up on video editing for cinematic trailers. Please make sure to check that out and give me a message as its still active in offers.
Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anselmo00