How do you customize highlighting a choice in a menu?

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to begin by saying that this is only my second time posting to this forum and using forums as a whole. In the last post I made, I was corrected by a developer, saying that I had posted my question in the wrong category and was kind enough to move my question thread into the RPG Maker VX Ace forum. I apologies and will try not to do it again. This SHOULD be posted in the RPG Maker VX Ace forum now, but if not then sorry in advance and please let me know how to fix this issue.

Speaking of issues, I have a question to ask. I tried searching the site and online to see if there was already a solution but I couldn't find anything relating to my topic and even then, i'm not entirely sure how to phrase it. What I want to do is when the player is given a choice, instead of the option being highlighted with a transparent box, I want it to instead be an arrow or something to indicate what choice the player is making.

...Even that description makes it sound complicated. I have made a mock up image of what i'm talking about, hope this helps explain it: 

Helpmeexample1.png

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You'll more than likely need a script. I think Yanfly and Hime have scripts to do so. Hime, I believe, has a tutorial on that. I'd suggest Googling it to see what you like.  

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello!

Sorry for the VERY late reply, haven't logged on here in awhile,

Just wanted to say thank you for your help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

if you want learn free cool stuff for game dev .
Your jumping works great, self. Now onward! Let's add to some of those dungeon tilesets that are looking a tad sparse.
Gotta vent a minute: "Move routes" have been unintuitive and clunky since the 90's and I absolutely cannot believe there is no built-in functionality to direct an event to an x, y coordinate. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my worksite this afternoon and it really got me thinking...how do the Amish keep up with national news?
trying to wrap up the boat/ship/castaway tilesets with a great galleon - no promises

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grap_ix