alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to disable click movement and only allow ASWD to be used as movement in the game. If anyone can help me that would be great

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you only want to disable movement, you can create a plugin with following code:
Code:
Scene_Map.prototype.isMapTouchOk = function () { return false; };
Your plugin would be literally just this one line.

Note that this will also disable movement using touch, so is not suited for projects that also need to work on smartphones or any other devices that don't have a keyboard.

To map WASD to movement, you'll need to add the following lines to your plugin:
Code:
Input.keyMapper[87] = "up";
Input.keyMapper[65] = "left";
Input.keyMapper[83] = "down";
Input.keyMapper[68] = "right";

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
THank you so much

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting