How do you export and play an MZ game on your Android phone?

Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not looking to upload to the Google Play store, just play the game from the sd card on the phone. There seems to be no official tutorial on how to do this online, or in the game's engine. How do you export and play your MZ game on Android? Thanks.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oddly, it seems different from MV. It's not in the documentation or options for deployment...you'd have to do it on a Web server, I suppose.

I took a look at the product description on the Web and Steam stores, and unless it's someplace I don't see, they don't claim that MZ can create games for Android or iOS. It only says the controls are enhanced for touchscreen support, which can be applicable to laptops.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
This one still works for me:

I also have heard that this one work too(More straightforward)

Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oddly, it seems different from MV. It's not in the documentation or options for deployment...you'd have to do it on a Web server, I suppose.

I took a look at the product description on the Web and Steam stores, and unless it's someplace I don't see, they don't claim that MZ can create games for Android or iOS. It only says the controls are enhanced for touchscreen support, which can be applicable to laptops.

In the deployment options for MZ there is an Android/ios option. Why would it have that option if it isn't playable on those platforms?

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Nico Kaneo It is playable. I've done it before. :rolleyes:

You have to package it yourself.

I'm sorry . . . I know that's a hard pill to swallow that there's not an easier method, but it's probably this way because Google keeps changing things.

Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I'm sorry . . . I know that's a hard pill to swallow that there's not an easier method, but it's probably this way because Google keeps changing things.
Okay. How do you package it yourself?

idaedalist

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. How do you package it yourself?
Did you ever figure this out? I am wondering the same thing. The lack of online tutorials is disappointing

Is there a tutorial for packaging?

bgrizzmayne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i also would love to know. what resolution is best for mobile?

heroslegend

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MZ only has the web deployment and this is what I recommend for MV as well although they have other options for Android and iOS but I do not recommend those. I did it for iOS and it should be similar for android. Another developer I know plans on doing an Android tutorial in the next couple weeks so I will post that here too when it is done.

Agrichard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
N/A
suitable for latest Android Studio

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_12_7_2022_8_57_56.png
part of the common event help menu I'm working on. I used Yanfly's Common Event Menu to set it up and here's a screen of once you've selected one of the options. This one explains the 6 different battle commands.
KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edujandro