How do you force RPG Maker MV to refresh modified images?

jensonagain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a Parallax map. I have it set to a map in the editor. I constantly make changes to it in photoshop, but want the new changes to appear in the editor.

The only solution I have right now is to constantly use a new file name to see the updated changes. How do you just refresh images in RPG Maker MV?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually you can just reboot MV, i.e. close the application and open it again.

jensonagain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually you can just reboot MV, i.e. close the application and open it again.
Thanks for the response, but that's so bad.

Do you know if RPG Maker MV has been abandoned by the company? There seems to be vital, core functionality that's missing from the software.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rebooting is not necessary. Usually when I change images while the program is open, if I open up the database, then close it, it reflects the changes. Granted, that’s typically with tilesets, I’m not sure I’ve tried it with parallax. But I would try that or going to a different map then back or switching the parallax image, then back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtsyWeasel