Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you format citation like apa citation or CC license?
Like Title of the resource, Author name, Web redirect if author wants, License name.
Or you just put the resource name and author then you finished.
I know following the term. But, I would like know anyhow. Thank you sharing your experience.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are no rules for crediting people except that you have to credit them. Unless you have a special agreement with them, you may credit them any way you see fit as long as it is appropriate and reasonable.

Personally, I just create sections for the different roles in-game in the credit scene (music, story, art, etc.) and just put the names of the people I credit inside the correct category depending on the asset(s) they created. I also have a notepad text document where I put the name of those creators and leave a link to their website or to where I picked up the resource(s). I leave all those apa citations for school work lol.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28, so you just creating music background rolling and put additional information on note pads. Apa, I just thrown and idea out there , I will leave it school :guffaw:

Do you out the credit scene before or after the game end?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28, so you just creating music background rolling and put additional information on note pads. Apa, I just thrown and idea out there , I will leave it school :guffaw:

Do you out the credit scene before or after the game end?
Yeah kinda of lol. It's very traditional to have a rolling credit scenes, but hey, it works. I leave the notepad text for additional info like links to websites as it would be ugly in the credit scene.

As for the credit scene itself, I have it play automatically at the end of the game, but there's also an option to play it directly from the title screen at any time. That way, even people who don't finish the game can see the credits.

Also, I've been thinking about APA citation and realized that it isn't really relevant here. We use citation mainly to to prove the validity of a statement via a reputable source. So crediting an artist isn't really a citation, it's more about giving credits (there's no credibility check). And as for crediting someone, I don't think there's a standard that is widely popular out there, especially in this community.

Failivrin

Final Frontiersman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would do the same as @MushroomCake28 with one addition: I organize names in each category from most to least resources used. This way large contributors get more status in the credits real without me having to list which resources they created. I would also have a separate category for artists who made custom resources. Their names would play at the beginning of the credits reel, maybe with a few pictures of the resources they created.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I pretty much just do what @MushroomCake28 said, a credits page with categories and names of any individuals relevant to the resources I end up using. Anything beyond that seems a little overkill-ish. I don't like listing websites in the credits page because, as someone from the Flash game era, I've come to know that websites come and go, and when they go and a player clicks on them in a game, you can end up sending them to abandoned domains that have since been picked up by "bad hombres" so to speak.

Credits at the beginning and the end of the game seems to me like the best approach. That way, the player can look up who did what if they're curious at any time, and also, the whole "credit roll" thing at the end of a game/movie has a traditional appeal.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
While credit roll at the end of the game is nice, but to see the actual credit, it means you have to finish the game. I don't like it. So, I change into a dedicated menu.

And I only group them based on the relevant category. Which usually goes like
  • Audio Resources (including BGM, BGS, ME, SE)
  • Graphics Resources
  • Script Resources
  • Others (such as cameo, and other non-resources)
  • Special Thanks (usually for people who gave helpful feedback)

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I try to do it in whichever way is most consistent and clear - usually what they did, then their name. If some detail about what they did is important to add, I'll add it in parentheses after what they did. If the person I'm crediting specifically asked for a certain string of text to be inserted in my credits (sometimes lines that include the exact name of their work with a copyright symbol or whatever), I will include that on a second line immediately below their name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SehoraX