How do you make a character suddenly appear while on an event?

SakuraMiya

Invincible Airhead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I am having problems with making a character spontaneously appear. I know there was a thread about it, but it's a different case.

In it, the main character runs to a certain room and has a monologue (the whole thing involves a switch, as expected), but the words are cut short as a character appears in the room for a cutscene and then goes away. I tried to use another switch, but either the character doesn't appear or the MC changes graphics....

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most likely you messed up with your switches somewhere. IMO it would be easier if we can see your event page.

SakuraMiya

Invincible Airhead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
For now I have this (Sorry, it's in Spanish). I wanted to script a second event in the room to make the character appear and then go away, but nothing happens. 

000000.PNG

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, took awhile to translate from spanish + do my other work

Based on those events, the player character moves forward (3 steps), followed by the conversation before moving forward again(2 steps). Then control switch A is turned on. The event starts after the map loads. Seems alright to me. Maybe the problem is not with that page but it is with page 2 or perhaps some other event?

Edit:
Maybe I lost track and what you want is to make another character appear and then disappear during the conversation?

IF that is what you are looking for, then set it so that the event that is supposed to appear (and disappear) so that it requires a switch to appear. Then all you need to do is to turn that switch on and off during the monologue.

The second event is simply

Last edited by a moderator:

SakuraMiya

Invincible Airhead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Oh, sorry. While I was waiting for I answer, I decided to improvise things and I got this result. I made the MC step on a switch, which makes the character appear and give criptic information. Then, the MC walks towards the character, but it walks away (luring the MC to a door). I was able to make the character appear suddenly, but now I don't know how to make it go away.

For some reason, when the MC walks towards the character, I need to press the action button and to be in front of the character to make it go away (even after changing the trigger from "Action Button" to "Player Contact"). 

2.PNG

3.PNG

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I assume that for the first event's page 2, all you did was turn the Culprit switch on? 

Perhaps it is just me, but I think you are making this way more complicated than it has to be with all these different events.

SakuraMiya

Invincible Airhead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I got desperate that the event was going nowhere and started doing random stuff until it worked. Like you said I put the Control Self Switch from ON to OFF and thanks to Fade Out, the character disappeared. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aotaru