ighrpg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello all!

I am new to RPG Maker. I was wondering how do I increase the size of the screen.
For example : I want to have the game in 16x9 and scale it based on the player monitor. In other words have a Fullscreen option in the menu without things getting fuzzy.

I have seen this video but it was with MV instead unless thats not what he is doing:

thank you in advance!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can change the resolution using a plugin, if that's what you mean? I use Yanfly's Core plugin.

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if there is a dynamic resolution scaling plugin, but the screen elements (windows, menu, etc) should adjust themselves inward or outward. The black areas might remain on the outer edges if the player's monitor aspect ratio doesn't exactly line up with your programmed resolution.

If you're using 48x48 default tiles. To get a 16:9 ratio you could try 1536x864. That makes your maps 32x18 before scrolling. The most common monitor resolution is 1920x1080. So if it scales to full screen there will be hardly any distortion. If you plan to support any smaller resolutions like 1440x900, it could almost work. Though that's not 16:9.

Edit: 1920x1056 (20:11) is the closest the game screen can get to 16:9 using 48x48 tiles while fitting in the 1920x1080 resolution.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakam47