Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you make a skill like Future Sight from Pokemon? You use the skill, and then after a set number of turns, it hits the enemy. 

I found a Charge Skill script, but that makes it so the user can't attack or make any actions until the attack hits. I want it activate, and then about 3 turns later, hit. BUT you can still attack in between that time, and even when it hits, you can still make another action on that turn.

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm, I was looking to see how to do this, but I can't seem to figure it out myself. I'm curious how to do this as well. Preferably without a script if possible. This sounds possible without a script.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's possible without a script, and the below is my such way:

1. Designate a variable with id v and a common event for Future Sight respectively(I call them Future Sight Turn and Future Sight Init respectively)

2. Designate 2 states with id x and y respectively(I call them Future Sight User and Future Sight Target respectively)

3. Set the invocation hit type of Future Sight as certain hit and its damage formula as -

a.add_state(x); 04. Add "Add State Future Sight Target" and "Common Event Future Sight Init" as an Future Sight effect

5. Add the below to Future Sight Init -

Conditional Branch: [v: Future Sight Turn] == 0

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] = 1

Branch End

6. Designate 2 skills for Future Sight with id a and b respectively(I call them Future Sight A and Future Sight B respectively)

7. Set the scope of Future Sight A and Future Sight B as the same as Future Sight and The User respectively

8. Add a new or use an existing battle event page with Condition "When the end of the turn" or "Turn No. 1 * X" and Span Turn for every battle

9. Add the below to those battle event pages -

(For Future Sight having scope "One Enemy", "One Ally", or "One Ally(Dead)" )

Conditional Branch: [v: Future Sight Turn] > t

Conditional Branch: [Actor i] is [Future Sight User] Inflicted

Conditional Branch: [Enemy j] is [Future Sight Target] Inflicted

Force Action: [Enemy j], [Future Sight B], Random

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] = 0

Branch End

Conditional Branch: [v: Future Sight Turn] != 0

Force Action: [Actor i], [Future Sight A], Random

Branch End

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] = t

Branch End

Else

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] += 1

Branch End

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's possible without a script, and the below is my such way:

1. Designate a variable with id v and a common event for Future Sight respectively(I call them Future Sight Turn and Future Sight Init respectively)

2. Designate 2 states with id x and y respectively(I call them Future Sight User and Future Sight Target respectively)

3. Set the invocation hit type of Future Sight as certain hit and its damage formula as -

a.add_state(x); 04. Add "Add State Future Sight Target" and "Common Event Future Sight Init" as an Future Sight effect

5. Add the below to Future Sight Init -

Conditional Branch: [v: Future Sight Turn] == 0

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] = 1

Branch End

6. Designate 2 skills for Future Sight with id a and b respectively(I call them Future Sight A and Future Sight B respectively)

7. Set the scope of Future Sight A and Future Sight B as the same as Future Sight and The User respectively

8. Add a new or use an existing battle event page with Condition "When the end of the turn" or "Turn No. 1 * X" and Span Turn for every battle

9. Add the below to those battle event pages -

(For Future Sight having scope "One Enemy", "One Ally", or "One Ally(Dead)" )

Conditional Branch: [v: Future Sight Turn] > t

Conditional Branch: [Actor i] is [Future Sight User] Inflicted

Conditional Branch: [Enemy j] is [Future Sight Target] Inflicted

Force Action: [Enemy j], [Future Sight B], Random

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] = 0

Branch End

Conditional Branch: [v: Future Sight Turn] != 0

Force Action: [Actor i], [Future Sight A], Random

Branch End

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] = t

Branch End

Else

Control Variables: [v: Future Sight Turn] += 1

Branch End

EDIT: NEVERMIND... got it to work! Thank you!

I put in all of this, but where do I put in the formula for the damage? Is it "a.add_state(x); 0"? Do I replace the 0 with the damage formula, or do I add it to something else?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I put in all of this, but where do I put in the formula for the damage? Is it "a.add_state(x); 0"? Do I replace the 0 with the damage formula, or do I add it to something else?
You'll probably want to keep it as 0 as Future Sight isn't supposed to deal damage, and that's what Future Sight A and Future Sight B are supposed to do.

The main idea is to first use Future Sight to mark its targets with Future Sight Target, then after Future Sight Turn turns, Future Sight A or Future Sight B will be used as force actions to execute the effects on targets if they hit them.

There are some details you may want to bear in mind as they'll probably require some tweaking on my above implementation:

1. Should Future Sight A or Future Sight B be executed even if the Future Sight user can't execute actions at that time(like dead, confused, unmovable)?

2. Should Future Sight A or Future Sight B be executed even if all targets of Future Sight are out of its scope at that time(like dead)?

3. Should multiple usage of the same Future Sight skill in a very short amount of time be allowed(lots of tweaking in my above implementation would be needed if it were the case)?

(Maybe there are more but right now these are what I can think of)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mur2fer