How do you make an event where all the party members must be present?

willigel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello.
Working on the ending for my game. Need all four of the characters to be present - the player starts with two and the objective is to rescue the other two party members, then take the portal home. Is there some way I can ensure the player actually does rescue the other two party members before trying to go thru portal home and end the game?
Thank you for your time.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep. In the event that handles the portal, you can add a conditional branch that checks for the two missing members, and only proceed with the ending if they are.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What engine are you using? "How do I ..." questions belong in the support forum for the specific engine.

If you can only have 4 characters at the most and you need all 4 characters, do Control Variables > Game Data > Other > Party Size (or it might be called Party Members), to get the party size into a variable. Then do a conditional branch to see if that variable is equal to 4. If it's not, one or both of the extra characters is missing.

(that Control Variables option may or may not exist, depending on the engine, which is why it's important for you to post in the correct forum for the engine you're using, and to put it in your thread title, in your profile, or in your post)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.
Two new amazing plugins from @NhatNguyen! Footsteps & Stamina. Video on Twitter showcasing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiamat