How do you make an RPG game with a top down fighting system?

Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How could I make an RPG game that uses a top-down system for fighting? I want to see if I could make a fighting system that isn't turn based, and more like... the first Legend of Zelda style-fighting. That's where you can walk around, see enemy sprites, and they can attack you from there without getting into a whole battle scene. I was thinking that it could work by making projectiles, but I still have no idea.

Is there any way I can make a fighting system like that work? If so, is there an already existing script or maybe a different game engine that I could use (besides RPG Maker)?

KanaX

Just being a mouse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could try the XAS ABS script.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that, Shaz. I'm still new to this site!

Anyways, where can I find this XAS ABS script?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaloyaarchal