Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi I'm working on my own tileset and I was wondering how exactyly do you make borders?! I looked around the forums and online, but I'm not sure if theres an exact name for them. They look like this image on this post http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18058-troubles-with-wall-border/

If anyone could direct me to a helpful tutorial that would be nice too! Thank-you in advance.  :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I have understood correctly from the post you link to, the problem is that you are using a ceiling tile.  There would normally be walls underneath it before you got to the floor.  It will always look weird if you transition straight from floor to ceiling.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No sorry thats not it. I'm trying to make my OWN tile set and I'm trying to make the borders around a room. Like using a program like gimp or paint dot net to make them, and then export them to Rpg Maker VX Ace. I tried making my own but they didn't work as borders like they should have like in the picture below.  :(

http://i.imgur.com/wrHG24O.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88betscom