Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've seen several maps that use thin walls.  What I mean by this is that the walls don't take up an entire block, only the edge(s).  Here is an example from another thread.  How do you do this?  Does it require a custom tileset?  Thanks!

snap.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have to use tiles that are not filling the entire grid, usually special autotiles.

outside A4, the "forest" walls at the bottom, are default examples on how this is done with a black center top - but it could use a transparent center as well or different bottoms and so on.

So yes, you'll need specific tiles to do this

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks, I think I figured it out.  I was using a black background and making an outline with my walls which resulted in thick walls.  I then realized, because of you're example and a couple of maps that I saw, that instead of outlining, I should fill in all of the wall space with the wall tile.  Of course, with most of the wall tiles, that gives you an odd-ish looking ceiling.  So I took my Tileset into Photoshop and carefully blacked-out the centers that made the ceiling effect and ta-da, I now have thin walls.  Thank you!

For anyone stumbling on this thread seeking an answer to the same question, here's an example of what I did to Inside_A4 to make thin walls as described above.

ThinWalls.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MinimapDownloadOnly