How do you make tint screen stop?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Glade, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Glade

Glade Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm trying to make an event where a monster shows up to scare the player and for the most part I've got it down but I can't get tint screen to stop when I want it to. After the screen fades and everything is done it just stays tinted.

I'm sure I probably haven't set it up properly since I'm new at this but it 99% works.

Also if possible how do I get the background music to stop for the moment because when I put it to fade out it just continued playing

tint ex 1.jpg

tint ex 2.jpg

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your pages and conditions are the wrong way around.  Delete the first page, get rid of the condition on the second page.  At the end of the second page, turn on self switch A and add another page after it conditioned by self switch A.  Don't change the trigger to Player Touch - just leave everything at its default settings, except the condition.  This doesn't have anything to do with your question, but you don't need a page to turn on a self switch just to activate another page, if that's the only command.  And you'll find the way it is, every time you walk over that spot, the event will run.

Now to your actual question ...

Tint screen remains effective until you issue another Tint Screen.  So if you want to "untint" the screen at the end, issue another Tint Screen and select Normal as the setting.

3. Glade

Glade Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    That was very helpfuI, I didnt realize that I had to do that. If I changed everything though, would the character still spontaneously appear when the player touches it?

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ah - I missed that bit.

Change the sprite to (none).  When you want it to appear, add a Set Movement Route for 'this event' and use the Change Graphic command to make the ghost appear.  When you want it to disappear, use another Set Movement Route for 'this event' and use the Change Graphic command to set the sprite to (none) again.

Where you put those commands in the list you have depends on where in that sequence you want the ghost to appear.  If you want it to appear immediately, then put the first command above all the others.

Glade likes this.
  5. Glade

Glade Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    thank you very much