How do you set an idle sprite?

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by DeyJay5, Jan 16, 2015.

1. DeyJay5

DeyJay5 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am currently using modern algebra's "Extra Movement Frames" script (here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,46822.0.html) so that I can have four walking sprites, however the script also says that you can set an idle sprite, but I have no idea how to do that. The script is very vague and not clear.

Can somebody please explain to me how to set an idle sprite using this script.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you don't set an idle sprite with that script - you select which frame of the animation is the idle frame, and you do that by adding numbers to the sprite name like described in the script's instruction.

The pattern mentioned is the moving pattern, and you can use that to exclude the idle frame from the regular move animation.

3. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

Did you read all the instructions in the header of the script? Particularly:

# Additionally, this script also allows you to specify the "idle" frame (the# frame where the sprite is not moving), and also the pattern if wish to so# specify. In essence, all you need to do is add those integers after the# number of frames:## Regular_Name%(x y1 y2 y3 ... yx)# where:# x is the number of frames in each character sprite# y1 is the idle frame (the frame shown when sprite is not moving)# y2 ... yx are the pattern.## Keep in mind that the first frame in a sprite is index 0, the second frame# is index 1, etc.## Where y1 is excluded, it is assumed to be 0. Where y2 ... yx are excluded,# the pattern is assumed to simply cycle through the frames one by one until# it repeats.## EXAMPLES:## $003-Fighter03%(4 2)# This graphic is a single character with four frames of animation. The# idle frame is 2 (the third one over). The pattern when moving would be# 2 3 0 1, 2 3 0 1, etc.# 032-People05%(4 0 1 0 3 2 1)# This graphic would be interpreted as a character sheet of 8 characters,# each having four frames of animation. The idle frame is 0 (the first# in the sheet), and the pattern is 0 1 0 3 2 1, 0 1 0 3 2 1, etc.#==============================================================================
    Was there a point you needed clarified?

Andar's answer is probably better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  4. DeyJay5

DeyJay5 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ohhh, thank you both I got confused. I thought that you were able to set a seperate sprite for the idle one.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.