TimetoFolly

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So the last RPG Maker I used was 2000 or 2003 many, many years ago and I've started a new project using RMMZ, and am really enjoying the software! I'm also amazed at how much my ~12 year old brain has remembered and how familiar the UI is for me to be able to pick it up again so quickly.

I've got quite a few questions, but my main one right now is how do attack times+ work in a state trait?
My 'Caffeinated' state has Attack Times + 0.5, so I expect that character to get an extra attack half the time in battle but I observed nothing. I put it up to +0.9 and still get only ever one attack? At +1 it started working but I don't want it to apply every turn, if possible. If I've completely misunderstood how this works, please someone point it out to me!

Hope I've posted in the right place too!

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's a percentage (decimal) chance to get an extra attack in the same turn.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Note that you can hover most elements of the editor to show a help tip! :kaohi:

The Attack Times+ trait has no randomness. Its value is added to the Repeat value set for skill 1 (basic attack). The skill will be applied once per full repeat, i.e. you need at least a total of +1 from traits to get another hit. As you can see, it works by increasing the trait value to 1; it should also work if you add a second Attack Times+ trait with value 0.1 (or more).

A similar trait is Action Times+, which can apply randomly. This trait has a chance to add extra actions each turn: each trait is a separate chance to get +1 action each turn. If you get extra actions then you will simply get to choose multiple skills, one after the other, during the input phase.

If neither of these are what you're after, you might be able to rig something by adding/removing states with a troop event? Alternatively you could consider a plugin (not sure which to recommend).

TimetoFolly

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Note that you can hover most elements of the editor to show a help tip! :kaohi:

The Attack Times+ trait has no randomness. Its value is added to the Repeat value set for skill 1 (basic attack). The skill will be applied once per full repeat, i.e. you need at least a total of +1 from traits to get another hit. As you can see, it works by increasing the trait value to 1; it should also work if you add a second Attack Times+ trait with value 0.1 (or more).

A similar trait is Action Times+, which can apply randomly. This trait has a chance to add extra actions each turn: each trait is a separate chance to get +1 action each turn. If you get extra actions then you will simply get to choose multiple skills, one after the other, during the input phase.

If neither of these are what you're after, you might be able to rig something by adding/removing states with a troop event? Alternatively you could consider a plugin (not sure which to recommend).
Ahh okay, I see, so I could have it stack with other stuff, that's cool.

That actions times+ sounds what I'm after! I want that random element to it. Thanks!

Walldeaf

The Event-Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I Use extra attack in my newest game.
I have it run a common event every time I use attack.
It's set to run a variable, once the variable is met, an extra attack occurs.
I have it set to run variable 1-100,when it's 1-15, then execute extra attack.
Even have it to show a picture first.

But I'm sure there is a plugin for it somewhere.
I just like using events.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.
Can house furniture be used as a weapon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diegohernans