SolemnDream

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya! So I'm working on some skills and I have a few questions about how Repeats (under "Invocation" on the Skills database tab) work. Most specifically, I need to know if Damage is re-calculated with each repeat instead of copying the result from the first time, and also if the chance of inflicting a status is applied to each repeat instead of to the whole use of the skill.

For example, if a Skill that has "Repeats: 2" has a Variance of 7 and a possibility of Critical, does it calculate the resulting damage separately for both hits, meaning each of the two hits could do different damage? Or does it copy the result for the second hit from the first hit?

And, for example, if my Effect is "Add State: [Poison] 20%", then does "Repeats: 2" mean I get 20% chance the first hit and 20% the second hit, meaning 40% total? or does it just mean 20% total?

Thanks!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Couldn't you simply create a skill with repeat X and see the results for yourself?

In fact you don't even need to create a new skill, just change the repeat from an existing skill, see the results, and then return the value to the original.

Anyway, each hit is calculated separatedely for both damage and states.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As far as understanding the sequence of animations and such, I would recommend just trying it for yourself since it's tough to explain.

As far as damage and stuff, yes it's calculated separately for each hit.

For States the simple answer is that you get 20% chance the first hit and another 20% the second hit.  But remember that this doesn't actually mean 40% total!  (It's actually 36%)  For a clearer example, think of the state being applied at 50% chance.  If the skill hits twice, you do not have 50 + 50 = 100% chance to apply the state because there is a small chance that both hits will not apply the state (since they only have a 50% chance to do so).  You can calculate the chance of applying the state by 1.00 - ((1.00 - c) ^ n) where c is the chance of applying the state on each hit, and n is the number of hits.

SolemnDream

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For States the simple answer is that you get 20% chance the first hit and another 20% the second hit.  But remember that this doesn't actually mean 40% total!  (It's actually 36%)

Yeah, I thought it would be something like that. But we're on the same page, so yay!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol
I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aki42