How many game controllers have you murdered in your gaming career?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mr. Detective, Sep 9, 2018.

?

Controller casualties...

1. 0

46.2%
  2. 1

15.4%
  3. 2

7.7%
  4. 3

7.7%
  5. 4 or more

7.7%
  6. Get some help, bruh.

23.1%
  7. Other.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Don't you play some games with controllers? Like fighting games?

So any mouse casualty? I play PC games occasionally, and have actually banged on the keyboard and mouse on my old laptop. Haven't been doing that recently, though. Last year, when I was playing CS, I encountered the last guy on the other team, and had a first shot on him. All of a sudden, my internet connection dropped, and I ended up dying after it reconnected. The whole room asked what the hell I was doing. The router almost died that night. :rolleyes:

That's... better? :stickytongue:

Is this out of rage or they were just broken from tear and wear?

Not sure about the Atari but if I recall correctly, there's no way a NES or SNES controller could be more durable than a PS1 controller. I mean... they are literally thinner and smaller! :eek:

I don't get it, either. Sometimes I question myself: I play games to relax, so why the hell am I getting more stressed out like this? It's true what you said. But again, sometimes things get out of control and rage happens.
    Not like anyone want that. :confused:
    Some games are pretty bs at some parts. They can be unfair and rage inducing, and some of us got caught by those emotional moments, and we implode.

Eh, I guess it's something with keeping myself under control. Maybe after an exhausting day I just want to chill on the sofa, playing some games. But then the game pisses me off even more and all that steam just blew up. But I always try to keep my composure as much as I can, lol. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess it's a quick second of losing all sort of rationality and bam. Not that I deny my own part of the blame or anything.

So you bite your controller instead of smashing them? That'll cost you more to replace your teeth than just buying a new controller. :biggrin:

*Sigh.* Now I feel bad after reading this thread.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    While true fighting games can benefit from playing with controllers, fighting games was never be my fave genre of game.

3. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    When it comes to fighting games I prefer a stick however lately is comes down to the game and characters.
    Buttons and stick or stickless(like hitbox or mixbox) are also a thing to consider, you're not getting IL/Happ parts as there really is zero pre-made cases and the only other option would be to gut an x-arcade stick or a 15th anniversary Street Fighter stick which you can drop IL parts into. Don't buy SuzzoHapp as they're not the Happ you remember from 20 years ago...

For me I'm coming to like Seimitsu a lot lately :)
    I have murdered controllers... for science!

4. Darth Equus

Darth Equus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Well, the force I applied wasn't enough to hurt my teeth, which is how I found out the controller was flimsy: I had squeezed other controllers with my hands and they withstood it. Now, had I bitten a Gravis Gamepad USB, yeah. I'd be wearing dentures.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 8:48 AM
  5. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Blaaaah!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds like y'all have/had some good parents or are extremely grounded individuals. Me on the other hand, I spent most of my childhood unsupervised and alone, so any rage on controllers went unchecked but it was the NES days and I am pretty sure a NES controller was harder than steel. Never broke one put sent a few into the carpet as hard as I could. SNES was the same, weren't early Nintendo controllers murder weapons from the Clue boardgame? N64, killed the stupid middle joystick of one hurling it across the room. It was never replaced which left me with only one. Didn't play videogames for like a decade. Got into XBOX360 and I have almost sent one of them wireless guys flying but compared to the controllers of my youth, they are cheap and flimsy so that never happened. My best friend on the other hand, killed at least 2 controllers from every system from NES to PS1. I mean like threw across the room went over and curb stomped it until his heels hurt.

6. FluffexStudios

FluffexStudios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Only 1 throughout my 15+ years of gaming and it was more because the wiring was messed up after I pulled on it too much

7. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've never broken any controllers except by wearing out parts on them (especially N64 joysticks... Mario Party players will know exactly what I mean here!)

@Mr. Detective I know what EDF mission you're talking about, assuming that EDF 4.1 is the remaster of 2025 that I think it is.