How many hours per day/week do you dedicate yourself to your game development?

Pervert_Tentacle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that's eactly what the title says.

Lately I've got troubles to start to continue to develop my game, I'm not gonna lie, mainly because I've got other projects in mind but I've got some distractions (other than videogames) that are stopping me from even turning RPG Maker on and continue.

Also mainly because I'm really, really bad at time managing. But that's a story for another time.

Anyway, the thing is, we are all users from different backgrounds, and despite I've watched many tutorial videos, I'm still a novice so I can't put more work in one hour than an expert.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More time than I could count. I sometimes need to remind myself take a day off or take a break. However, to answer your question maybe 5 to 6 hours a day and 6 days a week.

DirgeDirge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe 2-3 hours of actual scripting, not counting drawing sprites!

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I work on it on a daily basis if i can, bug squashing and playtesteing takes most of my time as im testing the normal experience, calculating total game hours and theres always that one typo, bug, switch that interrupts the whole deal and its back to the editor again...

Id say 6 hours minimum when i sit to work on it.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's getting harder as work is picking up but at minimum 2-3 hours daily.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
spend so much time redoing things I felt I have dealt with previously...endless hours..

RaverRouge

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Between actual work and the girlfriend playing The Sims, sometimes less than 10 hours a week. If work is slow and I get a day to myself, then I can spend most my waking hours working on it. But, I do spend time working on formulas and database ideas on pen and pad when not on the computer.

Featherbrain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm kinda OCD about projects like this. At this point working on my game is my main hobby and I'm doing it, in some manner or other, with almost every moment of free time--which is a significant amount as the day job is slow at the moment. That's not to say I'm scripting or mapping in RPG Maker all the time, but creating original resources or even researching things (like checking this forum).

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It used to be 4 hours a day, but I learned that I enjoy the process more when I treat it as a hobby and not a job, so now it's extremely random. It's slowed everything down, of course, but for me the point is to have fun, not to get something done.

Every project you ever do, no matter how much you love or are dedicated to it, will hit this point where you're struggling and other projects want to take priority. For me it helps to write those ideas, projects and pastimes down to do later and keep going until it's done, otherwise nothing ever gets done.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tuesday, Thursday - full-time. Friday, Saturday for half a day. About 8-12 hours.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
As of now, I barely touch the game Im working. However, im trying to improve other areas like Parallax mapping, writting and so on.

But normally, I work on it like an hour or two on normal days. Weekends things can go up one or two hours.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At least 1 hour everyday except on weekends.
I prefer game development rather than just play games, although it's interesting to play other people's creations and compare my skills with theirs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Trying to create a diagonal sprite, by following through GrandmaDeb's tutorial here.
(Basically, cutting up and resizing parts from the down and left version of the sprite.) :LZScheeze:

I've been reworking some old sketches, there's definitely a change on the artwork :kaopride:

Drawing a character who fight with his dog in battle is an interesting yet difficult affair. :D
Trying to get my good habits back again after this year... I need to go back to the gym, but Brazil is still in a bad situation of Covid-19, so I will try to work out at home! :D
I need to become a better battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPG_Girl