Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've made 3, 1 was partially completed and my very first one sucked though people liked the social aspects. I'm currently working on a open world fallout type game except you actually build relationships and fall in love and that junk and deep quests not go here do this 10000xp and weapon to one shot super baddie.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
15 (one was kind of left at a rough beta stage, but all the others fully done), not counting the projects where I was messing around with the engine and learning. If counting those, that's about 5 more. :)

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
15 (one was kind of left at a rough beta stage, but all the others fully done), not counting the projects where I was messing around with the engine and learning. If counting those, that's about 5 more. :)
That's awesome! Some are on sale on steam, so ill try to pick some up! Great job!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. I hope you enjoy them and they give you inspiration. :) I find other people's creative works are a great way to gain inspiration. (I've also done many free projects too, in case if you're short on money).

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you. I hope you enjoy them and they give you inspiration. :) I find other people's creative works are a great way to gain inspiration. (I've also done many free projects too, in case if you're short on money).
thanks! do you have a tutorial or advice for publishing to steam? do you just pay the 100 bucks and "upload" to steam or do you need to program steam integration into your game?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a publisher (New Reality Games) who does the publishing and distribution side of my games. I'd definitely recommend to hire a publisher if you're not so good at marketing yourself or if you simply don't have the time and prefer to concentrate on making games instead.

There are Steam integration scripts out there, so you don't have to program them from scratch (I know Zeriab has one for VX Ace and Hudell has one for MV; though there might be more). I am not 100% sure if it's possible to forego Steam integration scripts. I like to include them because they allow you to have Steam achievements in your games. :) Steam achievements are often a nice addition because some players out there really like them and will be more inclined to buy your game if it has them (not to mention that nicely thought out achievements can prolong the game's playtime/lifespan by encouraging players to replay the game or try new ways of beating it).

Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
that would be 3. 2 were thrown out due to circumstance that would be hard to explain in a few sentences. The third is still in development and it will be finished.

vap0re0n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately 0. Only released a short Beta. Hopefully something soon.

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two, maybe, if you stretch the definition of game to "something I made out of boredom when I was 13".

In terms of projects I started and dropped, at least 11. I'm trying to make a short game by the end of this year.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
3 completed games so far! ^_^ (Though the first one obviously has lots and lots of flaws. xDD )
HEY! I remember these! I saw them on that other RPG Maker game site! Keep up the good work! I've always liked rpg maker 2003's art style!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @hp4000 ! Wow, I am truly honored that you remembered seeing my games hp4000! ^_^ Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I have 1 game on VX Ace made so far. Find it on my website for free. Now I'm working on a second title which is the accumulation of all my rpg maker knowledge so far. It should not be a short game. I'm actually thinking it will be a 50+ or 100+ hour game. This is where I'm hoping to make it into the commercial world.
I started using RPG Maker for PC in 2015.
Happy Gaming Creating Everyone.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A solid 0. 1 I guess if you count this 15 minute game me and an irl friend made together for the luls just for us. It was atrociously bad.

I start too many new projects and abandon them. I have a hard time sticking with something for long periods without motivation :l

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A solid 0. 1 I guess if you count this 15 minute game me and an irl friend made together for the luls just for us. It was atrociously bad.

I start too many new projects and abandon them. I have a hard time sticking with something for long periods without motivation :l
As long as you're having fun, it's all good, right? :)

SpunkyWunky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've only made a test game so far. No story just mechanics. I'll soon be done testing and will get onto making my first game which I'm hoping will be a simple yet effective story- maybe a 1 hour play.

MrZalgo

I am not Edgy, I am Fabulous
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I haven't made any so far, but I am working on a rather large episodic project frequently. I'm hoping it would be worth the effort though.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I haven't made any so far, but I am working on a rather large episodic project frequently. I'm hoping it would be worth the effort though.
If it's something you like, then it's worth the effort! :)

Zemtax

Secret Open World Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't finished any game yet, but as I'm exploring more and more ways to do stuff, I get better ideas for games and mechanics to implement. It's working really well for me so far, and not stressing myself over just finishing a project helps me to stay motivated. Started to learn about rpg maker back in 2006, and I have been interested ever since but never got around to actually work with it until like 2 years ago.
I'm not making games for money, but rather for the thrill of learning and exploring new things in game development, applying and creating new concepts, picking apart established game design.

Though, the reason I haven't finished any game yet might just be because my projects are always way too ambitious =)

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I haven't finished any game yet, but as I'm exploring more and more ways to do stuff, I get better ideas for games and mechanics to implement. It's working really well for me so far, and not stressing myself over just finishing a project helps me to stay motivated. Started to learn about rpg maker back in 2006, and I have been interested ever since but never got around to actually work with it until like 2 years ago.
I'm not making games for money, but rather for the thrill of learning and exploring new things in game development, applying and creating new concepts, picking apart established game design.

Though, the reason I haven't finished any game yet might just be because my projects are always way too ambitious =)
Keep up the good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85