HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah. So, to sum this up, expect it not to be cheap. And remember too, because of the pre-made assets, you have to consider those are not easy to make. $60 - $80 is probably the most reasonable price for all of those assets put in. Think of how much it costs for commissions on these forums. Usually at least ten to twenty dollars depending on the type of art. That should add a fair amount to the total cost.    

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nan lol as archeia said you should expect the engine to be a LOT more costly because it's offers BOTHS Snake and Dinosaurs 

because it's extendable and have plugins likes Snake

and have a really nice interfaces likes dinosaurs xD

So in simple expect 90$ dollars at least and Honestly?

I don't care to pay that much lol.

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The moment I heard about it I thought it would cost something around the price of the RPG Maker because I don't really see why it should be a lesser programm. It's different.

Like Celianna I too think it is kinda strange that people a willing to buy high priced games but complain about game development tools that cost around the same. I think it's always okay to say that you can't effort it to the common price but I really won't say it's expensive.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to try this programm out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It gets a different perception, because for the most part VN novels are seen as a background, a sprite, and a text box, granted that is not really true... but for most people it's hard to undestand why would be so expensive to have a background and some text.

Does anyone know how much it costed the old date-sim maker from Enterbrain? It even had a character creator, but the clothing options were pretty limited.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think instead of speculating, it might just be best to wait and see when it comes out. And then, once a user sees what all comes with it, they can determine whether it is worth the cost to them or not. But right now, it's just speculation based on not a lot of solid evidence and that's silly, imo.

And I would venture to guess that because of NDAs, anyone who might actually know the price is not at liberty to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would guess that the price won't be set until the end.  There's a lot of things to consider when setting a price tag.  I would want to have all the information and a finished product before I set it, personally.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I guess it'll cost about the same as mv or at least above the 50$ range. I don't get how folks want free or cheap software and RDK's at that. It takes more time to make software easy to use compared to something complex or leaving it up to the end user to implement themselves. ( I use rm to cut down on coding costs. Less reinventing the wheel more custom content my coder monkeys can produce. )

Right now Im eyeballing VNM so i can eventually use that too. My monkeys hate using RM for visual novels atm... Too slow they said

Soulnet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My guess is

maxresdefault.jpg

One million dollars!

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think instead of speculating, it might just be best to wait and see when it comes out. And then, once a user sees what all comes with it, they can determine whether it is worth the cost to them or not. But right now, it's just speculation based on not a lot of solid evidence and that's silly, imo.

And I would venture to guess that because of NDAs, anyone who might actually know the price is not at liberty to say.

True.Rn,I've been trying to add to the conversation but I can't find anything xd.

You will earn money from those sales, hence your opinion is invalid.

$30 is perfectly fair for a lesser MV version.

$30 makes no sense to me.

Also,it's not a lesser program.

It's a powerful engine like RM.They just make different genres.

People like visual novels and storywriting,and this will help.

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My guess is

maxresdefault.jpg

One million dollars!

:o  

I would guess that the price won't be set until the end.  There's a lot of things to consider when setting a price tag.  I would want to have all the information and a finished product before I set it, personally.

That makes a lot of sense.

Still,the evidence does point towards 50-80.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually going to close this topic. I think it's been established that we won't know the price until release or shortly beforehand, so there's no sense in continuing the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VINCI075