How much would you be willing to pay for an SE pack?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by MushroomCake28, Jul 9, 2019.

1. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know the quality and the amount of SE in the pack will obviously affect the price. I'm planning on releasing and SE with at least 75 SE, or even 100, all made with HD orchestra sounds. The quality is as good as my soundtracks.

How much do you think would be a fair price? 10$? 5$$? 20$?

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    $10 - $20, though to release here you'll have to submit it to the store and I imagine part of the discussion will be how much you want to charge for it.

3. aegisninja

aegisninja Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Admittedly I'm probably not your target audience as I make my own audio assets, but if I was going to make a pack of 100 sound effects, I would not charge less than $20 for it.

4. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @bgillisp That seems like a fair price. Also, as for the process of getting it on the store, I really have no idea, but I imagine it's something that is discuss with Degica. So yeah, I suppose price, commission, rights, and other contractual stuff are all negotiated with them.

@aegisninja more than 20$ seems a bit high. I personally wouldn't buy a pack for more than 20$, even if it has 200 SE since I know I won't be using them all.

5. aegisninja

aegisninja Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Then maybe make the pack more specific and include less SE but lower the price. The important thing here is not devaluing your own work. Realistically, if you are making the effects with HD orchestra sounds, you are probably using EW stuff, which is not cheap unless you are doing composer cloud, and even then it's not cheap; and if you are using spitfire or orchestral tools stuff then it's REALLY not cheap. On top of that is all of the work you have to do to actually make the effects.

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  6. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    SE are in great need! Not the 8-Bit ones that are being posted but good ones - harp, flute, piano etc. I'd pay anywhere from $10-$40 depending on what I was getting.

7. SepulcherGeist

SepulcherGeist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I suppose about $14.99 to $19.99 seems about fair.

8. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've paid up to $60 for an SE pack. But for two reasons: 1) the pack was perfect for my game; 2) they had at least 200 sounds.