How much would you be willing to pay for an SE pack?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know the quality and the amount of SE in the pack will obviously affect the price. I'm planning on releasing and SE with at least 75 SE, or even 100, all made with HD orchestra sounds. The quality is as good as my soundtracks.

How much do you think would be a fair price? 10$? 5$$? 20$?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
$10 - $20, though to release here you'll have to submit it to the store and I imagine part of the discussion will be how much you want to charge for it.

aegisninja

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Admittedly I'm probably not your target audience as I make my own audio assets, but if I was going to make a pack of 100 sound effects, I would not charge less than $20 for it.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp That seems like a fair price. Also, as for the process of getting it on the store, I really have no idea, but I imagine it's something that is discuss with Degica. So yeah, I suppose price, commission, rights, and other contractual stuff are all negotiated with them.

@aegisninja more than 20$ seems a bit high. I personally wouldn't buy a pack for more than 20$, even if it has 200 SE since I know I won't be using them all.

aegisninja

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp That seems like a fair price. Also, as for the process of getting it on the store, I really have no idea, but I imagine it's something that is discuss with Degica. So yeah, I suppose price, commission, rights, and other contractual stuff are all negotiated with them.

@aegisninja more than 20$ seems a bit high. I personally wouldn't buy a pack for more than 20$, even if it has 200 SE since I know I won't be using them all.
Then maybe make the pack more specific and include less SE but lower the price. The important thing here is not devaluing your own work. Realistically, if you are making the effects with HD orchestra sounds, you are probably using EW stuff, which is not cheap unless you are doing composer cloud, and even then it's not cheap; and if you are using spitfire or orchestral tools stuff then it's REALLY not cheap. On top of that is all of the work you have to do to actually make the effects.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SE are in great need! Not the 8-Bit ones that are being posted but good ones - harp, flute, piano etc. I'd pay anywhere from $10-$40 depending on what I was getting.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've paid up to $60 for an SE pack. But for two reasons: 1) the pack was perfect for my game; 2) they had at least 200 sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*
I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisCKC