Vesutastic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!

First of all, I hope this is the right category for this thread.
And second, how often do you work on your game?
Maybe daily, or weekly, or maybe even whenever you feel like it?

I personally work on mine when I feel like it, but I want to get at least some smaller goals done per week.

(also idk if we already have a thread like this here, I couldn't find one. :rhappy:)

Mythmaker19

Teller of Tales
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm the type of person who has a hard time focusing on long-term projects when I work on them by myself, and my one-time programmer decided to focus on other things in his life (like a wife... the nerve of that guy!) Since he left, I've just chipped away at bits here and there hoping that one of these days I'll actually make decent headway.

But to answer the question, the answer is, unfortunately, hardly ever.

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not every day, unfortunately, since life responsibilites often draw me away, but I try to get as much done as I can every time I get the chance. These days I'm mainly working on the script, however, so often I find myself thinking about the characters and story even when I'm doing boring everyday chores.

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I'm out from work and I'm not too exhausted to work on the game.
I try to work on it everyday but It only can be small amounts... unless I sacrifice some sleep...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I got time, busy with things, get interupted, so when I got the time,
I can create mechanics for my games, and still making my first map,
yes, my first map (it's a pain to make a nice starting map), even for other maps
in mind.

I know what I want, but it just doesn't fit how I want too.
but while most mechanics is almost compleet that I need, I can focus on my maps.

But I also beta test games as well, great for map inspiration as well, as well
for story, to see how I can fit my story nicely (which is 1/15 done or so).

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm an all-in person; I take breaks for days/weeks and then go at it 100% (10-12 hours a day on my days off or more). It helps me stay focused.

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everyday but i take long breaks at a time and come back when i feel like working on it again.
It's a slow process in a sense but that's just how i like it.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I work on my game 3 to 4 hours when I work and 6 to 7 on my days off. However, I want to make character designs too so I dedicate some time to that too.

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
At first where i had a plan on my mind i worked every day...
but i am on a point where i don't know what else to do.. i don't have ideas and i am looking for ideas... so i don't work.. :/

Azurose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I feel like, which can be largely dependent on how busy I am, what mood I am in, how my life is going etc.

I guess I partially leave it up to where life takes me. Sometimes I work on it a lot for an entire week, then not touch it for a month.

As long as I don't give up, I'm fine with this.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Closes WoW*

Not often enough, because I'm now over a year into my "main" project and it's still not done. It's not even that complex of a game, but I keep getting distracted by quickie side projects. And games to play on steam. And. And. And. Yeah I suck.

I find that I slow to a crawl when faced with the boring parts, like making maps. My main game only has about 2 dungeons left to make and i'm like "naw, I really don't want to make either of them." Maybe I should just jump straight into enemy encounter design or something more interesting.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty much every day right now. University doesn't start until september and my job doesn't offer much work right now, so I have plenty of time to burn.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whenever I can... Usually every day, but if there are other things I need to work on, I've gone a few months without doing any game work, heh.

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Almost every day since July 4th, 2004 according to the log in my games. (Except there were about 3 years of pause when I was facing some terrible things in my life.)
That does not mean I improved a lot. It just means I spent quite a lot of time doing some tedious work and sometimes just put in days trying to do something while ended up without any good results.

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I try and get something done everyday, whether big or small. Though there are days I'm just not feeling up to it and I would rather not work on it if I just don't feel it. There have also been times I just didn't do anything for a few months, since I needed a break. Ever since mid 2020 though, you know with everyone going on, I did try to dedicate myself more to getting it done and finally getting the project off my list of growing things. But yeah I typically have it open every single day, but the amount of work I actually get done varies by my mood and whatever else is going on in life.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!
A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gon