KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I try and get something done everyday, whether big or small. Though there are days I'm just not feeling up to it and I would rather not work on it if I just don't feel it. There have also been times I just didn't do anything for a few months, since I needed a break. Ever since mid 2020 though, you know with everyone going on, I did try to dedicate myself more to getting it done and finally getting the project off my list of growing things. But yeah I typically have it open every single day, but the amount of work I actually get done varies by my mood and whatever else is going on in life.
It's important to work on it when you are up to it so the quality of the game doesn't suffer as a result.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right now I'm trying to work everyday, 4 hours per day from Monday to Friday. Of course sometimes I can't do it because of some unexpected events, but that's a goal I try to achieve.

Dutchmountain

Engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I almost manage to work on things every day. My only problem is that I work on to many thing at the same time so it sometimes feesl like not a lot is done. I did find out that working along with someone on something it helps me focus on that so there is some daily progress at times.

Last edited:

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I work on my project, 15-30 minutes a day. I've been using RPG Maker since 2005, so I can get a lot done quickly.

The most time-consuming process of game development for me is playtesting . . . although, it’s not what you may think . . . I play a classic game via RetroArch that I know is good, and then I playtest my project. . . if what I did in the project felt of less quality, it’s polished until it meets the standard.

Last edited:

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last few months, hardly ever. But then a friend got interested and pushed me to give him status updates on the game to try and inspire me to work more on it.

The plan worked, and I give it about 3-4 hours on those days when I'm not working very long. When someone take an interest in my work, my motivation goes through the roof.

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I envy anyone who can sit and focus on their project! ;p

I am still fresh to RPGmaker, so I have a lot of fun playing around with it every day. Even if it's just 1-2 hours. Though, I have the worst habit of making a map and deleting it; "This isn't good enough!" Sometimes I can easily discourage myself, sadly.

I guess it's best to work on a project when you are inspired, or it will be lacking. (at least that is how I feel)

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm tend to be more of a "weekend warrior" since I'm usually out of juice by the time I get home from work.

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have this to-do list that is kinda sacred to me and has daily tasks defined in advance for the whole month. That works pretty well. :)

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lately in working on other people's projects more than mine but i try to work on mine when i get the chance and the ideas, most of the time is just replays and bughunting then play the current on development areas and add/test cycle

Last edited:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have this to-do list that is kinda sacred to me and has daily tasks defined in advance for the whole month. That works pretty well. :)
I mentally assign myself tasks but I don’t write them down.

ericv00

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some months I can get some momentum going and some months not-so-much. I used to be able to focus well enough and motivate others on their projects. But ever since the global health situation, I moved from the city, can't really go anywhere to work, and do NOT thrive working on projects at home (too many distractions, music, videos, games, and frankly depression).

I'm going to try to watch this forum. Get ideas, and most importantly, MOTIVATION from seeing others working on things.

Aiths

Coffee pls.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At the moment...daily. I've currently got some momentum going, and trying to keep it going! Just hope I don't try and do too much all at once, which has happened in the past, and I fry my brain.

derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I try to get something done every day.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems that I have to change the order with which I make the fantasy games on my bucket list, because the intended title is used as a story element in the first two games in the line, and somebody else might take the title for their own game because the term uses real words. I can't risk going over the apparent three year limit for registering trademark ahead of time.
I am interested in collaborations so if you like my art, hit up my messages! :wub
unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrishEngineer13