ladylannistarth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone knows a solution to achieving this. I assume a plugin would be the answer but I haven't had any luck finding one that works. SumRndmDde's Shaking Text plugin http://sumrndm.site/shaking-text/ looked to be the plugin I needed, but it no longer works. I tried disabling every single one of my other plugins (to make sure it wasn't an incompatibility issue) but even with just this plugin on and all the others off, it still doesn't work.

Anyway, even though it isn't working, I'm not sure if that plugin works for Choices. It could be just for general Message text.

That's why I'm posting the thread here and not the Javascript/Plugin Support, as I'm not sure that this particular Shaking Text plugin is the solution for this. I'm hoping there may be another solution.

Being able to achieve shaking text OR even just a way to subtly animate the text (for the choices) would be ideal for my project. I'd super appreciate it if anyone else here has achieved this or knows how to achieve this and may be able to help! Thanks in advance.

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the record, the SRD plugin works as intended, which is for text, but not choices. You have to put "\Shake" (no quotes) before the text that is to shake. Sorry, but I don't know of a plugin that does what you seek.

ladylannistarth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the record, the SRD plugin works as intended, which is for text, but not choices. You have to put "\Shake" (no quotes) before the text that is to shake. Sorry, but I don't know of a plugin that does what you seek.

Ah, yeah. I thought it might be too good to be true for it to work for the choices. Thanks for confirming that with me. Otherwise I'd have probably spent a lot of time trying to get the plugin to work.

I have actually tried putting /Shake in front. I made sure to watch the YouTube video and follow it all. I noticed a few other recent comments in the YouTube video have said it doesn't work for them either. It's good to hear that it's still working, maybe I've gone wrong somewhere else with the plugin, but not sure where. I've tried everything at this point. :D

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using the wrong slash. You're using "/", but you need to use "\".Try:
\ShakeThis is some shaking text.

ladylannistarth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using the wrong slash. You're using "/", but you need to use "\".Try:
\ShakeThis is some shaking text.

Omg lol something as silly as that was where I went wrong. XD It's working now! That's great. Thanks! I know it'll come in handy to have that work in messages.

You were right that it doesn't work in the choices. So just gotta figure out if it's possible to do it another way. Hmm.. If anyone comes across this thread knows, I'd be very grateful!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyrmanX