How to achive dragon quest things in MZ

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have some questions. About RPG maker MZ. You see, i'm making a dragon quest fan game. I need to know some things.
1. How do I make beeping sounds for text in MZ? Its very importent. (excuse my spelling) In very game in the franchise,
they have a beep sound effect when somebody talks. How can I do that in MZ?
2. In old dragon quest games, there is a thing with battles, lets say.... You are on a forest tile. And then you are battling
some slimes. Since you are on a forest tile, the backround looks like a forest. How can I do that in MZ?
3. How do you change battle themes on diffrent maps? Things like boss battles, arena battles,
things like that

Last edited:

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I take it you're really new and that's ok, we all started at some point. You're going to need Plugins to do the first two. There's a list of many here...https://makerdevs.com/mz/master-list

The 3rd can be done with going into the Event Editor and go to Tab 3 and select Change Battle BGM if you want the Battle Music to be different and to change music on different maps you can Right Mouse Click on the Map Name to the left and go to Edit and change the music in one of the options and go to the Autoplay BGM area and select the music you want for that map.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The change battle theme dosen't work, you see, I tested it on my trodain island map, and changed the
battle theme to the DQ 8 battle theme. But it did not work

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. You'll need a plug-in. I had one for MV, but I don't know if there's one for MZedd yet. There might be. You'll have to look in the plug-ins section.
2. You'll need to use regions and events for this. I'm pretty sure there's a tutorial out there for how to change battlebacks with event and regions. Basically you'll make an event that checks the player location on the map, and if they're in a (1) region then the battleback will change to (insert what battleback you want for that region here), if their location is in region 2, it'll change it to whatever battleback for region 2, and so on.
3. This is also done by events, on page 3 System Settings: Change Battle BGM. Do that on the maps where you want specific music to play, or before boss battles you can trigger the BGM change in the events too and then Battle Processing with your boss/arena battle.

Last edited:

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
It's easier to use Terrain Tags than regions for things like worldmap battleback terrain stuff. This way you don't have to use tons of regions for every single new area of the worldmap just to have different battlebacks.

thecatinaction

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's easier to use Terrain Tags than regions for things like worldmap battleback terrain stuff. This way you don't have to use tons of regions for every single new area of the worldmap just to have different battlebacks.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm very new still, and haven't heard of this before. There's nothing about it in the game tutorial.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you elaborate on this? I'm very new still, and haven't heard of this before. There's nothing about it in the game tutorial.
For some reason I thought they took out terrain tags. XD But I looked and there they are??? I could have sworn terrain tags went missing awhile ago.

Terrain tags are in the Tileset tab and you can set certain tiles with a tag number. Basically you won't have to paint "fill in" regions, and instead the certain tile itself as used to denote what "region" it is wherever that tile is drawn. I like region tags a bit better (cause I feel it gives me more specific control) for some causes.

thecatinaction

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For some reason I thought they took out terrain tags. XD But I looked and there they are??? I could have sworn terrain tags went missing awhile ago.

Terrain tags are in the Tileset tab and you can set certain tiles with a tag number. Basically you won't have to paint "fill in" regions, and instead the certain tile itself as used to denote what "region" it is wherever that tile is drawn. I like region tags a bit better (cause I feel it gives me more specific control) for some causes.
Oh, interesting! Thanks for the explanation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?
Ami
--- Top Up ---

Merchant: Diamond Sword cost 100 Diamonds
F.Magic Knight
: I don't have Diamonds,what should we do?
M.Knight: I don't have any choice,i have to Buy Diamonds with my Card
F.Magic Knight
: You do?
(M.Knight's Balance Just Have 1.25)
M.Knight: (Chuckle) Maybe,later…
Decided to add the option to customize decor/furniture in the player's base -- a couple of item options per furniture slot, some different carpets, etc. It's not really difficult to event, but oh goodness it's much more tedious to implement than I anticipated :'D
Dunno but maybe I'll make an art raffle soon. Anyone interested in it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilcom