how to activate quest Journal with a click of a button?

TayAyase

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have Luna engine atm but I want quest journal inside my game.
I don't want it added to the regular menu I want it to be looked at in its own menu like Fallout's pipboy.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know nothing of luna engine, so it may be better to ignore my comment, but, you could probably make it as a common event then use yanfly's button common events

oh, I just noticed this is for VXA. even still, Yanfly has had a button common event script for I believe VX and MV, so there probably is one for VXA as well.

TayAyase

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know nothing of luna engine, so it may be better to ignore my comment, but, you could probably make it as a common event then use yanfly's button common events

oh, I just noticed this is for VXA. even still, Yanfly has had a button common event script for I believe VX and MV, so there probably is one for VXA as well.
send link on how to do that.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When set it will call a common event. In the common event call your scene that you will make.
If you are unsure how to make the scene, look for quest/journal/notebook scripts and you can edit them so that the menu command does not show up.

TayAyase

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
When set it will call a common event. In the common event call your scene that you will make.
If you are unsure how to make the scene, look for quest/journal/notebook scripts and you can edit them so that the menu command does not show up.
I might just give up on that idea.
this might take some script mining and extracting making the whole goal more complicated.
I'm probably the only one that thought of doing this before so I can't really copy some smart guys work.
maybe this comment post will inspire someone in the near future and I'll look at their how to videos.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe it'd help if you explained what you wanted. I don't know what Fallout's Pipboy is.. I never played fallout.

TayAyase

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe it'd help if you explained what you wanted. I don't know what Fallout's Pipboy is.. I never played fallout.
both Fallout and skyrim have 2 separate menus.
the pause button brings you to one menu while the O or B button brings you to the other menu.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I might just give up on that idea.
Why?

You said you wanted to have a button to call a custom screen.
Use the button common events script to do that.

You said you're using luna engine.
Make your scene or find a script that looks like you want and use it with luna engine modifying the windows.

All completely doable, you just have to do the work.

TayAyase

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
thanks that one really helped.
it took a while to understand though.
wasn't until I uploaded a demo of my game that someone complained about a picture coming out of nowhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing with colour ramps. The first set is the originals, the ones only facing forward in different colour schemes are the new colours.

I present... MAGIC (in progress)

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ciddyvicious