How to add 32 bit sprites in with bigger size and in center?

zZBootyPopperZz

TheShrekFricker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when I add 32 bit sprites it cuts each sprite out wrong on the sprite sheet. I can't find the right size sprite sheet for 32 bit sprites. Also when I add in the 32 bit sprites they are supper small when I put them in. If anyone could help me fix my 32 bit sprite issue that would be great. Thanks.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This tutorial is for MZ, but the steps are the same in MV. Hopefully this helps you understand how to add your own custom sprite sheets.

zZBootyPopperZz

TheShrekFricker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This tutorial is for MZ, but the steps are the same in MV. Hopefully this helps you understand how to add your own custom sprite sheets.
Okay thank you! I will check this out

zZBootyPopperZz

TheShrekFricker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay partner, so I checked out the video and I was actually able to center the sprite, but it is still real small.

He looks like this compared to the default character...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-13 192959.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-13 192959.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 0

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is because MV and MZ use 48x48 sprites, not 32x32 (which is not the same as "32 bit")

zZBootyPopperZz

TheShrekFricker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is because MV and MZ use 48x48 sprites, not 32x32 (which is not the same as "32 bit")
ah okay, so would I have to remake the sprites? Or can I just resize them?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can resize them, but they will look a bit blurry or pixelated, and will not match the MV sprites.

If you are making your own sprites, best to create them the right size from the beginning.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I agree with Shaz.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV