How to add a gallery?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Luozcurator, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Luozcurator

Luozcurator Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I seek help and guidance adding a gallery to my menu option!
    I am using yanfly's main menu manager and common event menu plugins.

OK, maybe this a misnomer. I already have a way to add the gallery. I use a common event that displays the common event menu when the menu option is selected. This only requires the two plugins mentioned above.

My problem is that it doesn't feel like a part of the menu. The background isn't blurried and when I select cancel it sends me back at the game instead of the main menu. Is there a way to fix this? I don't know anything about scripting or Lunatic mode, so every advice helps.

I know of MOG's Picture Gallery, but I couldn't make it work. That and I'm not sure if visually it would mesh together with the rest of my game, it's to pretty.

Anyway, thanks for your time and attention.

2. Davidson_Audio_

Davidson_Audio_ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would try MOG_picture_gallery again it works with most plugins. Name the folder containing pictures in /img folder to picturegallery go into MOG_picture_gallery plugin options and set the folder path under ---file directory---. Place pictures in that folder name pictures Pic_1, Pic_2 etc. Now setup an event to autorun with two event pages. On the first page make a plugin command enable_picture : 1 then a 3 frame wait command in between then plugin command enable_picture : 2. At the end set a self switch a command on then on second event page check box self switch A no comments. All pictures you enter are unlocked in the gallery.

This should get pictures to show up in picture gallery. In the picturgallery folder you can alter the look of the menu to suit your game. Change the pic_info and pic_thumb images and that should work hope this helps.