Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! So I wanted to impliment a special feature that adds an option to the main menu of the game which would lead to lets say a bonus mission persay only if the player completes a specific task or a condition is met. Any ideas? :)

-JAD

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you mean the title screen or the party menu in game? Either way will probably require a script.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
sorry  :headshake:

I noticed I posted in the wrong section literally right after I posted it lol

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can just report your post and ask a mod to move it if that's the case. Then we won't add the "I moved your thread" blurb :)

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can just report your post and ask a mod to move it if that's the case. Then we won't add the "I moved your thread" blurb :)
Ok thanks, I'll remember this for the future lmao. I have a feeling you've used the line on me more than anyone by this point lol!

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can use a Game System add on, then make a control flow statement on the menu. Are you using a specific menu or the default one?

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use a Game System add on, then make a control flow statement on the menu. Are you using a specific menu or the default one?
The default menu.

And do you have any clue how to add this add on? 0.0

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, but I would like to ask what is this specific feature you wanted to make?

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so my game has multiple endings, one of the endings is the best possible ending to get. What I want to do is have it so that when the player gets this particular ending they will unlock a bonus option in the main menu. (So in addition to New Game, Continue and Quit) there will be a new option that says Bonus. This new option will then lead the player to a new little bonus level of the game as a reward persay.

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
module DataManager MAP_ID_FOR_BONUS_STAGE = 2 # bonus stage map start MAP_X = 10 # x coords of the bonus stage map you will be transferred in. MAP_Y = 10 # y coords of the bonus stage map you will be transferred in. class << self alias milena_create_game_objects create_game_objects #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Game Objects #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_game_objects milena_create_game_objects $game_plus = Game_NewGamePlus.new end end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Set Up New Game #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.setup_new_game_plus create_game_objects $game_party.setup_starting_members $game_map.setup(MAP_ID_FOR_BONUS_STAGE) $game_player.moveto(MAP_X, MAP_Y) $game_player.refresh Graphics.frame_count = 0 end end# this is referenced by $game_plusclass Game_NewGamePlus attr_accessor :create_new_game #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Object Initialization #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def initialize @create_new_game = false endendclass Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Command List #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def make_command_list add_command(Vocab::new_game, :new_game) add_command(Vocab::continue, :continue, continue_enabled) add_command("Bonus Stage", :new_game_plus, new_game_plus_enabled) add_command(Vocab::shutdown, :shutdown) end def new_game_plus_enabled return true if $game_plus.create_new_game return false if $game_plus.create_new_game end endclass Scene_Title < Scene_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Command Window #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_command_window @command_window = Window_TitleCommand.new @command_window.set_handler:)new_game, method:)command_new_game)) @command_window.set_handler:)continue, method:)command_continue)) @command_window.set_handler:)new_game_plus, method:)command_plus)) @command_window.set_handler:)shutdown, method:)command_shutdown)) end def command_plus DataManager.setup_new_game_plus close_command_window fadeout_all $game_map.autoplay SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map) end endTo activate the new game plus:

Code:
$game_plus.create_new_game = true

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
module DataManager MAP_ID_FOR_BONUS_STAGE = 2 # bonus stage map start MAP_X = 10 # x coords of the bonus stage map you will be transferred in. MAP_Y = 10 # y coords of the bonus stage map you will be transferred in. class << self alias milena_create_game_objects create_game_objects #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Game Objects #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_game_objects milena_create_game_objects $game_plus = Game_NewGamePlus.new end end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Set Up New Game #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.setup_new_game_plus create_game_objects $game_party.setup_starting_members $game_map.setup(MAP_ID_FOR_BONUS_STAGE) $game_player.moveto(MAP_X, MAP_Y) $game_player.refresh Graphics.frame_count = 0 end end# this is referenced by $game_plusclass Game_NewGamePlus attr_accessor :create_new_game #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Object Initialization #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def initialize @create_new_game = false endendclass Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Command List #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def make_command_list add_command(Vocab::new_game, :new_game) add_command(Vocab::continue, :continue, continue_enabled) add_command("Bonus Stage", :new_game_plus, new_game_plus_enabled) add_command(Vocab::shutdown, :shutdown) end def new_game_plus_enabled return true if $game_plus.create_new_game return false if $game_plus.create_new_game end endclass Scene_Title < Scene_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Command Window #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_command_window @command_window = Window_TitleCommand.new @command_window.set_handler:)new_game, method:)command_new_game)) @command_window.set_handler:)continue, method:)command_continue)) @command_window.set_handler:)new_game_plus, method:)command_plus)) @command_window.set_handler:)shutdown, method:)command_shutdown)) end def command_plus DataManager.setup_new_game_plus close_command_window fadeout_all $game_map.autoplay SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map) end end
Thank you!!! :)

Do you require some sort of credit or payment?

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, payment nor credit is not required. ^^

I learned that when I was talking with some scripter long ago as well.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, payment nor credit is not required. ^^

I learned that when I was talking with some scripter long ago as well.
Ok :) no problem and thank you again!

So do I delete the default data manager and replace it with this one? Or do I just paste this one underneath?

And how do I activate the bonus option? Is there a script call I have to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
To activate the new game plus, do this on a script call.

$game_plus.create_new_game = trueAs for the script, place it below Materials above Main.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To activate the new game plus, do this on a script call.

$game_plus.create_new_game = trueAs for the script, place it below Materials above Main.
Anyone ever told you that you're the best? Well you are! :)

I insist on crediting you, what's your preferred alias? :)

Milena

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Milena would be fine ^^

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know, you don't need to quote the last person who posted when you're replying to them. And if you DO quote, remove anything that's not directly relevant to your reply (like, there's definitely no need to quote that entire script Milena gave you).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just realized two of My series are beginning to look virtually identical to one another in mechanics and general themes, I never had this problem before.

This is Stifling! Must resolve this!
Lord's Reincarnation III (LR3) MOBILE is coming!!!
iu_534706_7630675.png
ScreenShot_1_20_2022_2_19_41.png
Juice FX is amazing... the portal in the middle is actually animated and moves thanks to Juice FX. so I edited part of a map I have and then drew the portal around it. threw it into Juice FX and now it's lively instead of static.
Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feikolon