How to Add/Change Main/Sub Colors in Character Generator?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by VenEttore, Feb 19, 2018.

1. VenEttore

VenEttore Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, everyone! I was playing around with MV's character generator and found a clothing part that I like, but also found that I can't change the color of the pants without changing the color of the shirt as well. I'd like to be able to edit these separately. How would I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance!

2. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    upload_2018-2-19_3-18-9.png

If changing the 3 sub colours don't work the way you want, perhaps you can just save the sprite sheets and then edit them in GIMP or something. Maybe you can search for tutorials on how to do some basic stuff with GIMP, paint.net or Photoshop. Using the fill bucket is probably going to be easier than drawing in general and shouldn't require too much artistic talent (I think). Alternatively, you can try using the extended generator by @Schlangan and add some parts to it and then maybe try adding an extra layer of pants over the sprite to hide the bit you don't like with something closer to what you want.

3. VenEttore

VenEttore Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the reply!

I'm actually already using Schlangan's character generator (which is very well made), and only really asked my question in this manner so that people who are using the default generator can also get help. With your suggestions, I think I'm gonna try taking the clothing part that I like, extracting just the lower body section, and saving it as a separate part so that I can recolor it with the generator. Manually recoloring it using the fill bucket or any other photo editing tool while still making it look good is a bit beyond my abilities, so hopefully this inelegant solution works.