Waleet

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i have a few questions if u can help me it would be great
1:when making sprite sheet does should i make a idle or no because as i check rpg maker sprites they dont seem to have
2:what size when am making a sprite sheet should it be
3:how to import characthers

if anyone can help me it would be appreciated

Cynwale

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Or you detach the ones in your game folder and check the individual side of each sprite.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gonna answer your questions in reverse order.
3:how to import characthers
Either put the sprites in your project's folder directly (YourProjectName\Graphics\Characters), or go to the top of the editor and click this button:
1670116707417.png
Then just select the characters folder on the left and hit the 'Import...' button. If the image isn't transparent, it will ask you to select a colour on the image to make transparent (so just choose the background colour of the image).

Character/Sprite sheets, assuming you're using no scripts to change it, are able to have either one character, or a set of 8. Cynwale and Andar linked some good resources above, so I'll just say here that
  • For sprite sheets with only one character, you have to put a $ at the beginning of the file name or it won't display right
  • Most default RTP sprites fit on a 32x32 pixel grid
  • Individual character sprites are comprised of 3 columns and 4 rows of equally sized squares. (in RTP sprites, the squares are usually 32x32 as stated). You can't have the middle frame be smaller than the left or right frame, all columns/rows have to fit on a perfect square grid.
  • Group character sprites work the same as the above, they're just all on one image, with two rows of 4 characters.
1:when making sprite sheet does should i make a idle or no because as i check rpg maker sprites
The characters' middle column on the sprite sheet are the idle/standing sprites. If you want a separate idle animation that's not also used in the walk cycle, though, there are scripts available if you look for them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All the artists on here always share their art, and I wanted to partake in the sharing. I wanted to show off the album art for my game's soundtrack while also showing off this song. I wanted to take a break from all the pianos/strings/jazz. I experimented with some side-chaining techniques to modulate the dub-step like synth.
Crazy idea to help people be more productive. We all upload a photo of someone who is good at nagging, cajoling, guilting, etc. you into doing what you should be doing. Then, after you have posted X amount of times in a defined period, that photo pops up with the text of "Shouldn't you be working on your game?" Just for fun.:wink:
Avery wrote on MouseWorks's profile.
That is a really cute avatar concept that you have there! I like it :3
Well, here's a screenshot of just another game that might never be completed...

quicktrip_xp01.jpg
Fake FullScreen (Download):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshiRibombee