ZeuroMiller

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone, I am new to RPG Maker vx ace and some things are bit not clear.

where do we keep tile sets and how to use custom tile sets also is there a particle format or name for them as i have imported the tiles and they are not working.

Thanks!!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace is VERY particular about its tilesets. There is a LOT of information around on this - I'm guessing you didn't search.

The help file (F1 in the editor) explains all the different sheets that can be contained in a single tileset (there are 9), what size each one has to be, what slot it goes into, and how it's used in the game.

You can't just make an image of any size and stick it into any tileset slot.

Take a look through the help file, then let us know what specific things you don't understand. And search through the forums as there have been many people ask about it, and many explanations given.

ZeuroMiller

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for replying. I had taken the tilesets from this forum only and i had read that you need to rename it to tileA1 and put it into the system folder. I renamed it but i could not find the system folder. Also i could not figure out whether we only have to place it in the system folder or also import them from Resource manager. The tilesets are not appearing in the Database and how to use some tilesets which are present in the database by default. (RTP)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All the images go into the Graphics folder, inside the appropriate subfolder. There IS a Graphics/System folder, but that's not where tilesets go. They go into a Tilesets folder.

In the editor, look at the Resource Manager (I think it's F9, but if not, there's an icon for it on the toolbar). Each category there has a folder in Graphics in your project. You can export those resources into the appropriate folder if you want to see what the RTP resources look like outside of the editor (what you see when you look at the png is VERY different to what you see in the tile palette).

ZeuroMiller

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
I Copied all The images to the graphics-Tileset folder. It appears in the resource manager as tile_A1,  etc. but i still don't now how to use these tilesets. They are not even appearing in the Database. Please Help and explain what should I do in order to be able to use them in my games. Thanks in Advance.!! :)   :)   :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This should all be in the help file.

You need to put the images where they can be used. Then you need to go to your Tilesets tab, create a new tileset, then select the images for the appropriate slots (you don't have to fill every slot, but the images you use MUST be in the correct slots). Then you have to go through and set all the passage, 4dir, bush, counter, damage, ladder, etc flags on every single tile.

THEN you can use the new tileset on a map.

ZeuroMiller

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Thanks. I got it. Sorry if I was bothering you... :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The projectiles shown in this video are as follows:
1, Basic Triple
2, 30-Degree Arc
3, Randomized Blast Wave
4, 8-way
5, 8-way Double
6, 8-way Slowness
7, 120-Degree Arc Repetitive
8, Projective Triple
9, Split 8-way
10, 2-way Split Randomized Arc
11, HP-MP Split Arc
12, Split Laser
13, Shock
14, Cosine
Drop shadows and water reflections tests in RPG Maker VX Ace

BgI3F80.png
I'm doing a fairy tale project Little Red Riding Hood and the Woodsman. I'm almost done with the demo in my native language and I intend to make a demo version in English as well. I'm just going to use the translator because I don't know the pronunciations very well, I only know how to say "Hey" and nothing else.. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghn