How to add exact damage into a skill description?

Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I have a skill, for example, that deals 100 + 200% attack + 120% magic, how would I make it so that the description of the skill in-battle would show 100 + [200% of your actual attack] + [120% of your actual magic]? It would look better as actual numbers than random percents, because not everyone has time to do math during the battle.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends how much accuracy you want. If you want the exact accuracy, you can run an event every turn that will calculate these values and stores them inside a variable. From there it's simply \v[x] in skill description.
If you want to make the job easier for computers, you can do it just once. That will not count with buffs and debuffs though.
It would be better to use Galv's battle action info.
https://galvs-scripts.com/category/rmmv-plugins/mv-battle/

Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It depends how much accuracy you want. If you want the exact accuracy, you can run an event every turn that will calculate these values and stores them inside a variable. From there it's simply \v[x] in skill description.
If you want to make the job easier for computers, you can do it just once. That will not count with buffs and debuffs though.
It would be better to use Galv's battle action info.
https://galvs-scripts.com/category/rmmv-plugins/mv-battle/

I was able to make an event that calculated the formula each turn and plugged it into the skill description! Thank you :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dracodfs