How to add Face Generator Resources on Mac?

Saturnine

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
EDIT: Answer found here! Thank you to the person who responded, and thank you for keeping this thread open while I searched the forum, watched videos and messed with the game to solve this issue!

I was going to post screen shots but I was having trouble uploading the attachments so I'll have to describe what I'm doing.

When I right click on the RPG Maker MV Program off of my Dock, it gives me the option to open up the files by selecting “options” and then “show in finder” to look at the files.

When I do this, it displays these files in this order:

- NewData_FantasyEN
- NewData_FantasyJP
- dlc
- Generator
- Locate
- RPG Maker MV
- Scene Builder
- Tileset Builder
- tool
- Window Builder

The next step is to right click the second RPG Maker MV program located in this folder. When I do this it displays:

- Contents

When I open that folder it displays:

- _CodeSignature
- Frameworks
- Info.plist
- MacOS
- PkgInfo
- PlugIns
- Resources

Then you double click on MacOS which then displays

- Generator
- Help
- libquazip.1.dylib
- libstream_api.dylib
- Locale
- NewData
- NewData_FantasyEN
- NewData_FantasyJP
- nwjs-Inx
- nwjs-osx-test
- nwjs-osx-unsigned.zip
- nwjs-win
- RPG Maker MV
- tutorial-osx
- tutorial-win
- workshop

The Next Step is to click “NewData” which opens up:

- audio
- data
- fonts
- icon
- img
- index.html
- js
- package.json

This is the location where you can place your newly acquired graphics, audio, etc.

I will update this post when I get new information and find the opportunity.

Last edited:

Broozer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve been working on a Mac as well, and figured it out.
I’m not currently able to get to my laptop, so I won’t be able to describe it right now.
But as soon as I am back in front of my desk, I’ll post the location of those folders!

So here is the full path for the files:
/Users/Broozer/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/RPG Maker MV/RPG Maker MV.app/Contents/MacOS/Generator

If you're not using steam, then it might be a little different for you, but in the end, you're supposed to be in the Generator folder.
There will be 4 different folders inside of it.
When you import a generator part, you have to import it's TV, SV, Variation, TVD AND Face files, otherwise RPGmaker won't see it correctly, or at all.

There is a steam page dedicated to explaining how to import generator parts, if you haven't found it, I suggest reading it real quickly, as it explains how the Generator works.

Last edited:

Saturnine

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Thank you for the response! I was trying to update my post each time I was learning new stuff, and you definitely helped! I was mostly worried I'd follow a guide for PC and ruin my RPGM MV files.

I just read the generator thread and tried to add the files and it worked out awesomely! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!
I've been busy working on other projects this month so I haven't been able to do much towards finishing the prep work for my RPG, but I did brainstorm some interesting ideas for the game.
redrawing one of three my VNM protags

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucansan