How to Add Files to Ace's Generator

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I put the new files in the right spot....now my generator doesn't work and crashes the whole program if I try to use it :(

Judas07

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I downloaded some eye files from First Seed Material and saved them under the proper slot and everything, calling them Eyes12 and Eyes12s, respectively.

They aren't appearing in the generator, and in the file they have a lock symbol on them. When I try to open them I get an error message. Any suggestions?

Yoshi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok i STILL can't make them work. I would love it if i had some help through webcam or mod. I did as you instructed Lunarea, but nothing T_T

Rasphere

Dr. D
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Okay Im at a loss, I got to (C:)-> Program files ->Enterbrain -> Ace and the only files there are "RGSS300" and "RPGVXAceJPN" and they are both adobe files. I have no idea how to put the generator parts in my game :( I also looked in my steam folder and I didnt see it there. Any advice/Help?

EDIT: allright nevermind I found the right folder. it was indeed in steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas07

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Seeing as how no-one ever responded to my last query, I doubt this will even get an answer, but still - though I used to be able to do it, I can no longer save new pieces under the generator file. I attempted to save a replacement Beard04 but it says I 'don't have permission to save in this file'. What? When, why and how did THAT happen? Why was I able to do it before but not now?

Any suggestions, PLEASE?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Windows7? It might be some kinda problem with the privilages...

Xamusel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Erm, I hope this doesn't count as a necro-post, but I have a problem.

I'm hoping to insert some files into the Character Generator from the RMDS+ DLC files, but I don't know the best way to go about doing this, considering that each file is, well, too small for the standard layout (plus the naming scheme involved with each file in the DLC).

Does anyone know how to handle this issue? If the issue was already handled, then where at, so that I can look at it?

Thank you.

K2fbliss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dont have an issue with facesets or characters.

i have a problem with tilesets.

i will create it, import it into VX Ace and I will even see it on the resource manager.

what do i do then?

its not on the tables? how do i add a table or tileset?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont have an issue with facesets or characters.

i have a problem with tilesets.
K2fbliss, DO NOT hijack other topics, but make your own topic if you have a problem - that way we can organize the forum better, and if you give it a title about your own problem then it can help everyone with the same problem

I suggest that you follow the link in my signature and read the tutorials and general information there, as your question indicate that you haven't really worked with RM before, not even with the tutorials - otherwise you would have known that the tilesets are defined and organized in one part of the database.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Saving 'C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPGVXAceLite\Generator\Mini\Male\Cloth03.png' failed:

Could not open 'C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPGVXAceLite\Generator\Mini\Male\Cloth03.png' for writing: Permission denied

That keeps appearing when I try to export them???

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Saving 'C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPGVXAceLite\Generator\Mini\Male\Cloth03.png' failed:

Could not open 'C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPGVXAceLite\Generator\Mini\Male\Cloth03.png' for writing: Permission denied

That keeps appearing when I try to export them???
Let me guess: Win 7 or Win 8?

"Program Files" has become a restricted folder where you need more than simple admin access to write something in newer windows versions, I suggest saving the files elsewhere and then use the explorer to move them there, overriding access rights for those specific cases (you should be able to do this manually from the explorer - you'll need more knowledge to give that access right to an image programs internal save command)

Monkeyw8

Professional dork
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a problem. I am wanting to add stuff to my RPGmakerVXAce generator, but I have NO Idea were i saved my game.  ;_;  I searched the generic save location but its not there.

Please help-

Monkeyw8

sweetladyamy

T-Girl Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like a lot of permissions issues.

Honestly, giving your administrator account full privileges from the Control Panel is what I always do.

Anyway, yeah, this seems like a good idea for when I get better at rendering graphics.

kingkoopa300

Sprite Farmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay i'm working over time on a generator that i will share with everyone mostly content i made or edited from original... Already did 20 hair slots "I'm making everything uni-sex but saving the file name in different orders so the females are first when you change tabs. My problem is i'm doing the math once i'm done editing all the hairs, that would be 96 hair in the slots. So my Question is, is there a Max Amount for pictures for any one slot like front and back hair? Cause if so i need to figure something else out...

W.I.P 1st pic default, Next 2 are Contrast Edits, Than Fun Hair. So each 3 down the list are the same style but new hair colors, was think of doing the same with skin so we all could make alien characters.

kingkoopa300

Sprite Farmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay i'm working over time on a generator that i will share with everyone mostly content i made or edited from original... Already did 20 hair slots "I'm making everything uni-sex but saving the file name in different orders so the females are first when you change tabs. My problem is i'm doing the math once i'm done editing all the hairs, that would be 96 hair in the slots. So my Question is, is there a Max Amount for pictures for any one slot like front and back hair? Cause if so i need to figure something else out...

W.I.P 1st pic default, Next 2 are Contrast Edits, Than Fun Hair. So each 3 down the list are the same style but new hair colors, was think of doing the same with skin so we all could make alien characters.

Never mind i figured it out... Max is 99 =(

Inmento Riku

Angel of Darkness/Demon of Light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I, myself, just started using this Generator yesterday...it helped me so much with making a few different characters and even a final boss.

I do, however, just have one question.

Where on earth did you get the inspiration for this and how many more ways besides thank you can I, and others, show our appreciation for this generator?

Kalin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is this a bug?

I only have 3 Beard files under Face\Male, but have 4 under Mini\Male. And the first two for Mini are identical.

(Steam VX Ace 1.02a)

(what Beard Type 4 looks like)

Also, has anyone officially said if these images are covered by the RTP license or not?

EDIT:

Since no one responded here, I asked over on Steam and was told this is intentional. I guess Enterbrain doesn't value consistency as much as I do. :(

Oh well, I guess I can try to contribute something useful to this thread.

Here's a list of which files are indexed by each color choice:

Accessory 1: Face\Acc1_##, Mini\Acc1_##
Accessory 2: Face\Acc2_##, Mini\Acc2_##
Cloak: Mini\Cloak##
Cloth: Mini\Female\Cloth##, Mini\Male\Cloth##
Eyes: Face\Female\Eyes##, Face\Female\Eyes##s, Face\Male\Eyes##, Face\Male\Eyes##s, Mini\Eyes
Glasses: Face\Glasses##, Mini\Glasses##
Neck: Face\Female\Neck##, Face\Female\Neck##a, Face\Male\Neck##, Face\Male\Neck##a
Tattoo: Face\Tattoo##
Wing: Mini\Wing##

Skin:
Face\Ears##
Face\Female\Face##
Face\Female\Mouth##
Face\Female\Nose##
Face\Male\Face##
Face\Male\Mouth##
Face\Male\Nose##
Mini\Ears##
Mini\Head
Mini\Female\Cloth##
Mini\Male\Cloth##

Hair:
Face\Eyebrows##
Face\Eyebrows##s
Face\Kemono##
Face\Female\FrontHair##
Face\Female\FrontHair##s
Face\Female\RearHair##
Face\Female\RearHair##a
Face\Male\Beard##
Face\Male\FrontHair##
Face\Male\FrontHair##s
Face\Male\RearHair##
Face\Male\RearHair##a
Mini\Kemono##
Mini\Tail##
Mini\Female\FrontHair##
Mini\Female\RearHair##
Mini\Male\Beard##
Mini\Male\FrontHair##
Mini\Male\RearHair##

Klandaghi

Resident Werecat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Heh, sorry, I've been away from the community for a while, I'm happy to assist if you haven't found an answer already, been a while, but I can look into it.

Also the spoiler you have there was covered in an earlier post in this same thread, but it looks like we came to the same conclusions.  I might be around more for a bit.

I've done work to get what I think is right out of the Face layers. This is what I think is right at this time.
This listing is ordered from 1 to 20 with the layers appearing on top as 1 and the layers on the bottom as 20.

• Neck##a.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Acc2_##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • Kemono##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • FrontHair##s.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • FrontHair##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Acc1_##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • Glasses##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • Beard##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Mouth##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Eyebrows##s.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • Eyebrows##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • Eyes##s.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Eyes##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Tattoo##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • Nose##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Face##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Neck##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • Ears##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face
  • RearHair##a.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
  • RearHair##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Face\[Gender Folder]
I am not claiming that this is 100% correct. the ##a and ##s files are a little odd and seem to be like a transparency or alpha overlay. Not 100% sure. I would reason that to effect the layer beneath the a or s graphics would be on top of the regular ##. files.

EDIT:

I've done work to get what I think is right out of the Mini layers, as well now. This is what I think is right at this time.
This listing is ordered from 1 to 14 with the layers appearing on top as 1 and the layers on the bottom as 14.
  • Wing##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Acc2_##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Kemono##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Ears##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • FrontHair##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini\[Gender Folder]
  • Acc1_##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Glasses##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Tail##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Beard##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini\[Gender Folder]
  • Eyes.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Head.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • Cloth##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini\[Gender Folder]
  • Cloak##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini
  • RearHair##.png - \RPGVXAce\Generator\Mini\[Gender Folder]
Hope this helps.

Edits: I tried copy and pasting my table in and even formatting the HTML. T_T didn't like it, so an ordered list will have to do.

Final Thoughts:
So it looks like if you want to do interesting or different things with your character. you can think of layers that you wouldn't use for that character and place the edits into the appropriate higher level layer. Say you are not going to use wings at all. You could use that to change skin color if you wanted to. Maybe 2 head accessories is too much, you could use an accessory layer to make edits that you like as well. Just remember what will be covered over by what if you decide to be lazy with your sprite parts. The lower the number on that list, the less likely something else will cover it up and the more likely it will cover something else up.

OH Another quick note: If you notice, all the Face graphics have ## but on the mini's, Head and Eyes do not. Head and Eyes are the only two files that will not work with a ## iteration. AKA head.png and eyes.png is the only thing that the generator will work off of at present. To alter those you must make a new file named the same thing ( I highly recommend backing up the originals. I know I did for all this layer mapping =
= )
As a side note, this probably came naturally for any veterans of the RPG Maker line, but don't think you need to swap the head file for ANY reason. If you want to change the shape of a sprite's face, use a beard file. This option is available for both males and females. So anyone looking to add an anthro or some other varying shaped head could simply add a beard file with the desired section of change to the sprite.

See Spolier bellow for example.

Really the Generator is a well planned out Layering system that will place your part layers in a proper order and allow you to make a character without doing something silly by accident, like cover your eyes with your skin. I'm going to have to beg my wife to make some parts for me to use for faces. =
=

Kalin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome back!

You misunderstood my spoiler: I wasn't talking about the order of the layers, I was just linking the parts to the color choices. So if someone wanted to make characters with green skin, they know they have to edit the files for 11 parts.

Also, your list of mini layers is incomplete: some parts have two rows of sprite sheets that are drawn on different layers. This is most obvious with the wings, which are the first and last things drawn.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WHERE you get that beast race add on for the generator : O was looking for something like that for ACE before i got MV :o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".
My tutor has been furloughed for 8 weeks. If we are too... sucks, but it's a lot of game making time...
Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U_do_Dad_Jokes