How to Add Perimeters to User when the Target isn't the User

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by KrimsonKatt, Apr 10, 2019.

1. KrimsonKatt

KrimsonKatt Pyromancer Veteran

Neo Arcadia, Nabes Desert, Kingdom of Nogarde
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, DewottKid (also known as KrimsonKatt) here. I have been having problems for a long time with certain skills. Let's say I want to make a skill that damages a enemy but also raises the user's speed. How exactly do I do that? I'm afraid if I add perimeters to the actual skill that those perimeters would be added to the enemy instead of the user. I tried having the base skill connect to a second skill using common events, but it seems a "forced skill" will only trigger if the user already knows the skill or it is an enemy using a forced skill. By the way I'm using Yanfly's "equip battle skills" plugin so that may have something to do with it. The error messages aren't much either. Can you suggest a plugin I could use or a strategy that I haven't learned yet to accomplish this? I'm using MV v1.6.2 on steam if that helps..

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You can use the damage formula to for example add a state to the user by doing something like this

Code:
    a.addState(state_ID); actual damage formula

Just for reference, in the damage formula

a = user
    b = target

caethyril likes this.
  3. KrimsonKatt

KrimsonKatt Pyromancer Veteran

Neo Arcadia, Nabes Desert, Kingdom of Nogarde
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses: