RMMV How to add/put/use custom animations for unique skills with the YED_SideviewBattler plugin. [Step-By-Step]

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mrmetapod

It probably something deeper than just this plugin. Question, I noticed you mentioned action sequences pack 2, but do you have action sequences pack 1 installed as well?
Im gonna need to find another plugin, right
Dammit I had been searching for one since mid 2021
If you could be so kind as to send me twards another plugin that may let me add more frames of animation to the standard battle anims

GhostJenson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mrmetapod

What I was going to say was that there is probably some kind of issue with your project file. What you can try is, create a new project, and only add the battle engine core, the action sequences, this plugin, and your sprite sheet. This test is to gauge whether it's truly the plugin, or if there might be some underlying issue in the js of your project.

Also, I'd like an actual screenshot of your error posted here, so that I can have an idea of what exactly you are running into.

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
awsdwasdwa.PNG
screenshot of error message
im gonna do the test project now

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Full test project log:
open rpg maker
click new project
click open folder
add all plugins to that folder
only add to project these plugins:
YEP_CoreEngine
YEP_BattleEngineCore
YEP_X_BattleSysCTB
YEP_X_ActSeqPack1
YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
YED_SideviewBattler

add the sprite sheet to sv_actors
add spritesheet as sv spritesheet for the default character
copy paste my note text for the actor from the original project (same as what i sent before)
Click on battle test with the two bats
awwwwwwwwww.PNG
This is the error message

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tried to check the integrity of the RPG maker files with steam, it downloaded 1 missing file didnt change anything

GhostJenson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mrmetapod

Have you tried a new project after the "missing file" update? Or have you just tried it on the already existing projects?

That chrome-extension error at the bottom of your list there is mad suspicious. Does your project utilize the (a) web browser?

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mrmetapod

Have you tried a new project after the "missing file" update? Or have you just tried it on the already existing projects?

That chrome-extension error at the bottom of your list there is mad suspicious. Does your project utilize the (a) web browser?
1 i shall redo the test project with the 2kb single missing file added
2 that chrome extension error comes from rpg_core.js and thus it is a part of standard rpg maker elements, mainly used to link to official sites or the creators itch.io/ the place where you donate (it censors the name), also that error appears in the test project where i didnt omit a single detail of my log

Last edited:

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did that same error
@mrmetapod

GhostJenson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd been thinking about this all day, and I have 2 more trials for you. If these don't work... well, we have to figure out the problem (again), or find you an alternative route. Here we go...

Trial 1: Go to system in the database and check if the "Use Side-view Battle" option is selected. If it is not, select it and then do a battle test.

[If that does not work... continue reading...]

Trial 2: Uninstall, and then fully reinstall RPG Maker MV, and try battle testing in one of your projects. (After selecting the "Use Side-view Battle" option, of course.]

I hope one of these work... preferably Trial 1.

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tried both, none worked the problem is definetly in the plugin or in the version of MV
Could you show me where did you get the plugin or what you have on this screen in the parameter section
awwwwwwwwwwwww.PNG
its in spanish bc i live in a spanish speaking part of the world
also here is what happens when I DONT use side view battlersaewes.PNG
I've also sent my copy of the plugin to see if it works for you

Attachments

• YED_SideviewBattler.js
    27.5 KB · Views: 1

GhostJenson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I tried out your script in my test project, and it worked just as it should have, regardless of the fact that our 2 JavaScript files were slightly different. I was thinking that it could possibly just be your sprite sheet. I came across a thread here relating to the "same" issue that you were running into ("TypeError: Cannot read property 'index' of underfined").
I will link it here, but can you send me your current sprite sheet so that I can try it in my project? I'll see if it could be the issue. (If you don't want to post your sprite sheet here, you can send it in a pm). Choice!

I'll post the link to that other Sideview Battler thread below, however, it is closed, so you will not be able to add onto it.

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hikiko_batsprite.png
its 128 by 128 now i thought incresing the size might help

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have fully checked that other thread and the issue they were having is one where the sprites and plugin bounderies where missaligned, but that cannot be the case with my sprite sheet since I set every single frame perfectly aligned and with no bleeding over on a 64,64 grid while making it.

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I tried out your script in my test project, and it worked just as it should have, regardless of the fact that our 2 JavaScript files were slightly different. I was thinking that it could possibly just be your sprite sheet. I came across a thread here relating to the "same" issue that you were running into ("TypeError: Cannot read property 'index' of underfined").
I will link it here, but can you send me your current sprite sheet so that I can try it in my project? I'll see if it could be the issue. (If you don't want to post your sprite sheet here, you can send it in a pm). Choice!

I'll post the link to that other Sideview Battler thread below, however, it is closed, so you will not be able to add onto it.

Have you gotten it to work?

GhostJenson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so It worked for me. I'm at a loss for whatever could be going wrong with your game/MV. It really could boil down to a PC issue, but I'm not sure what kind of issue would cause this to happen. It's easy to say that it could be an MV problem, but after multiple new builds, and multiple MV reinstalls... I'm just not sure what could be happening.

What I'm going to do now is upload my test build. The one that I made to test your animation. Only the following items have been added to this:

YEP_CoreEngine
YEP_BattleEngineCore
YEP_X_BattleSysCTB
YEP_X_ActSeqPack1
YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
YED_SideviewBattler
Hikiko_batsprite

What I want you to do is, download my build, that I attach here, and try to run it. Don't change anything, just go to troops and try to battle test. You can run it by just going to the Game.rpgproject file and double clicking it.

I had to upload the file as an MegaUpload thing, since the server here can't take files/folders that are too big. Here's the link:

I also want you to upload your most recent test so that I can look at it, and see if there's anything crazy going on. And then repost here if your animation worked in my build, after downloading it to your PC.

gif1.gif

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever you did works on my pc, apparently i needed to fufil a bunch of standard animations for it to work.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t3rsua3s9sxm1l6/****+YOOOOU.zip/file
Heres the latest of my test projects (the crude name was meant for the program not you its the upper case f word).
I'm gonna test your notes on the main project if it works ill post it here.
Thank you so much for your help.
I am very greatful for what you have done.

GhostJenson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad I was able to help! Even if it was just by sending you my version LOL
were you able to get it running in your actual project?

mrmetapod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad I was able to help! Even if it was just by sending you my version LOL
were you able to get it running in your actual project?
yes i have been able, but i couldnt do that much progress since i got covid, im already getting better, tomorrow ill continue making other animations

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Empty Bottles and Health Extenders are now a thing.
Also the Sling-Shot does damage to enemies now, but not a lot and you won't get gold from killing them that way.
ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirBigSad