How to add/remove things from main menu?

wwwgippal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Say I don't want an equipment system on my game, or I don't want a character's lvl to be displayed, how do I remove them?
And how do I add new stuff to it, like an encyclopedia?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't want an Equip menu, go to the System 2 tab in the database and uncheck Equip.

If you don't want lvl to be displayed, that will require a plugin.
If you want to add new menu items, that will require a plugin.

For each new thing you want, please post a new thread in the Plugin Requests forum describing what you want. For many things there will already be a plugin available.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can remove the equid in the system tab. To remove the character level you need to use a plugin. The same goes for encyclopedia. I know there there's a plugin for one, can't remember who made it but try to search on it.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can find a decent little encyclopedia made by CasperGamingRPGM.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
If you copy the code that writes the actors status info to its own js file you can just comment the level info out.

Cootadude

Experienced Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you copy the code that writes the actors status info to its own js file you can just comment the level info out.
I did something similar to this to add several buttons in the Game Over screen.
But if your using something like MV I recommend you to just get the plugins then to try to script the changes yourself. (Even though it is possible but a lot harder.)

Beregon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I did something similar to this to add several buttons in the Game Over screen.
But if your using something like MV I recommend you to just get the plugins then to try to script the changes yourself. (Even though it is possible but a lot harder.)
I disagree, doing little changes like this yourself is a great way to start learning.

Cootadude

Experienced Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I disagree, doing little changes like this yourself is a great way to start learning.
Agreed. I'm currently studying Java scripting and I have basic knowledge of both Lua and Ruby.
One thing to consider is that you need to understand the script before changing it to prevent breaking the game.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Going to close this as the OP has not come back, and anything requiring plugins needs to be defined more clearly, in the Plugin Request forum.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
semih4472