How to add spell casting animations?

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I am using YEP BattleEngineCore and YEP ATB Battle system.
In the ATB Battle system, there is a brief "charge up" period before your character execute's the chosen input in battle (If you Attack, there is a very brief charge up before that attack happens, same with any action). What I am curious about is how to add an animation of any kind to this "charge up" period. By default, it shows the "chanting", which is part of the Side View Battler image sheet, but what I want to be able to do is display a looping animation at that time as well, centered on the character, to simulate spell casting (IE not just the chanting, but some kind of visual animation for it in addition, to add some cool magical effects).

To be clear, I am not asking how to remove the chanting animation, as I already found how to do that, and I am not asking how to modify/delete the "perform action" animation added in the BattleEngineCore (the one that lets you set an animation to play before using a physical attack, a certain hit attack, or a magical attack), I have already set those as I want them. I want something that will play during the charge-up time prior to that, but AFTER choosing your action.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can manually add a charge up animation effect to the 3-frame "chanting" part of the SV battler sheet as the non script/plugin solution, could be less work overall depending on your roster.

A "charging" animation can be applied maybe as a state with an overlay for a hidden "prepare skill" state that is added on magic/skill usage.

I know YEP action sequences let you pop a "pre-executing skill" power up/charge animation but im not sure if you want the effect to pop up immediately or charge for a turn or so.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know YEP action sequences let you pop a "pre-executing skill" power up/charge animation but im not sure if you want the effect to pop up immediately or charge for a turn or so.
It would have to have some sort of automatic timing, that would last from the time the action is chosen until the action is executed. If that is something action sequence can do, I'd love to hear about it. I've NEVER used action sequence before, so I know little of what it can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow