How to adjust the event layer (priority) or the player's characters layer. (May need script or plugin) #Half solution

St.Rawerence

St.Rawrence
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The following content comes from Google Translate, please forgive me.

VP0VaN1.png

This is a game similar to Sokoban, so there are blocks and designated locations.
And the character can stand on the block.
The current method when a character is standing on a square is to change the player picture and adjust the layer of the event picture.
(The "一般角色之下" in the picture means "Under the player character")

At first, I noticed the event ID, so I made the location first and made the block to ensure that even if the block changes to the lower display, it will not be overwritten by the location.

But after adding a new cube, I noticed that this method is not feasible.
Because the new location will still cover the previous cube.
Unless a few hundred events are reserved first, this problem will always appear, but this is obviously not a good solution.

So there are two ideas:
●When the events are also under the player, the priority can be specified regardless of the preset event ID.
●Let the player become the upper display, so that the square can be fixed at the same as the player, and will not be covered by the location.
But in this way, I'm afraid that there will be problems with players in the passable area, such as walking to some impassable positions.
(If only the picture becomes the upper display, and the moving conditions remain the same, that's fine.)

This problem should be encountered more or less when making decorations. Is there any way to solve ait?

I tried to use Event Spawn to make the square generate another square image in place, there is no visual problem.

But this way the amount of events on the map has increased, and it always feels unwise...

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using events as the designated locations?

I would not have any tiles set to a star passability, and I would not use events for the locations. I would use regions. Then when the block event is moved, make it check for the region on the tile to see if it in the correct spot.

St.Rawerence

St.Rawrence
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using events as the designated locations?

I would not have any tiles set to a star passability, and I would not use events for the locations. I would use regions. Then when the block event is moved, make it check for the region on the tile to see if it in the correct spot.
Thanks for reply.

Because there are many types of cubes, some of them have different pictures before and after completion.
Like in the picture, there is a difference between inlaying the floor and rooting, so events must be used instead of tilesets.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not just change the image of the event that is being pushed, to look like it has the tile in front of it?

St.Rawerence

St.Rawrence
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why not just change the image of the event that is being pushed, to look like it has the tile in front of it?

No cubes in the picture are being pushed.

Because the character can be on a cube and move from above one cube to another cube.
So when the character is on the cube, I let all the cubes turn on a switch to make the image all become "under the player".

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry - I guess I just don't understand the whole concept.

Sokoban is a puzzle where you push things around, so if you're not pushing things around, then I'm not sure how it's similar to sokoban.

I don't know if this needs to go into Plugin Requests or not.

St.Rawerence

St.Rawrence
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sorry - I guess I just don't understand the whole concept.

Sokoban is a puzzle where you push things around, so if you're not pushing things around, then I'm not sure how it's similar to sokoban.

I don't know if this needs to go into Plugin Requests or not.

It may be that my understanding of the word is wrong, after all, the content has been translated.
I tried to record the game screen.

St.Rawerence

St.Rawrence
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried to use Event Spawn to make the square generate another square image in place, there is no visual problem.

But this way the amount of events on the map has increased, and it always feels unwise...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whoops, the corner of my map is as big as GALV's whole demo map xD
wops.PNG
A little more of the CMS. #rm2k #DestinyPatch
QUhhNBK.gif
StarkSnow wrote on DisguisedCrows's profile.
Hello.
Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.
Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadDragonite