How to allow player to switch actors with limited number of steps?

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not so sure where to post this...but I am at my wit's end. I've been at this for 6 hours+ by now and I can't take it anymore.

I am using RMMV v.1.4.0
I've been wanting to create some sort of special mode for bosses in dungeons, somewhat like a Liberation stage in Mega man Battle Network 5-- here's a link to pretty much show a basic concept of what I am attempting to achieve here:

What I need to be able to do is give the player a set number of spaces to move before being forced to switch to another character and move them until they reach the maximum amount of spaces that they can. This, I was able to do somewhat. I can give the first player head a limited amount of spaces to move by Control variables like so...
Capture.PNG

I want them to be able to move 6 steps, and then be forced to switch to the other player on the map- which I've been able to do...to an extent.
Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG
This results in me just creating an endless loop of actor switching. I have the Himeworks Party Manager plugin installed for this and all I've gotten it to do is when it switches to the second character, I can't move 6 steps. In fact, it switches back before I can move at all and continuesly switches between characters in an endless loop. I'm a novice, I know...but all of these shenanigans has scrambled my brain enough....please help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?
FINALLY GOT ALL 120 STARS IN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

Ok i got the model New and I will develop a little more, I think my SV is not beautiful yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pie5780