ZinoAkumura

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Just trying to find out how to animate enemies. And I don't mean making full on animations for attacks or something. I'm just looking for how to do something like they did in OMORI, where the enemies are just always slightly moving. I tried using the SVAnimatedEnemies plugin, but that only seems to work with sprite sheets, which I feel like wouldn't really work for bigger images, and I don't want to just scale up a pixelated image by like 600%

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried using the SVAnimatedEnemies plugin, but that only seems to work with sprite sheets
Do you mean Yanfly's Animated Sideview Enemies? If so, why do you think that? It's not specified in the documentation, and the tutorial video shows the breathing effect applied to regular enemy battlers.

If you meant something else...you should check out Yanfly's Animated Sideview Enemies, it does exactly what you're asking :stickytongue:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure, but you could try a plugin Dragon Bones animation

Edit: As @ATT_Turan said, you can scale up/down default MV spritesheets.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As ATT_Turan said, you can scale up/down default MV spritesheets.
I don't think I said that...MV doesn't use spritesheets for enemies, just individual images. :stickytongue:

But since the OP explicitly said they don't want full animations, I suggested Yanfly's plugin with the breathing option to always have a bit of motion going on.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanflys animated enemies, all of the notetags listed under "general" apply to all enemy sprites.
its almost all the notetags after that which are for enemy actors

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps I misunderstood something. I'm totally exhausted, I don't know why I sit here, instead of laying in bed and watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seanhickey00