Not open for further replies.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
what are the template specs for this image? do i use ! in front of the name? can i make it a 144x144 animation?

0KPstargate6.png

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Do you want to use this as an event or as a battle animation? (knowing that battle animations can be used outside of battle)

Battle animations don't need ! in front of it. In that case you'll need to fit it inside RMVXA's animation template.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is an XP resource, not an MV resource.  It is a simple character sheet that you would turn Stepping Animation on to activate.

If you want to use it in MV you will need to reformat it - either as an animation (5 frames per row, each one has to be a specific size), or probably the easiest way is to swap the columns/rows around, so the animation sequence goes down instead of across.  Then you can just use a move route that changes the event's facing direction to animate it - this way YOU are in control of the timing and aren't leaving it to the stepping animation and hope you can time it right to move to the next sequence right as the previous one finishes.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
what would the template specs be? I love you shaz, you always there for me.   Is this the template i should use? since it's xp all i have to do is x1.5 it right? 

TEMP_Character.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a lot of whitespace there - do you need the big gaps above/below the rings?  If not, just work out the size of each ring, and make the template 12x the width and 8x the height.  Whether you want/need to upscale depends on where you're using it.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
dont need the gaps. I want to use this for Inside and outside tiles. No need for battles.  im way confused. could you send me a template that i can put it on

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
seems it needs to be 144x144. so the character can walk right into the center

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@amazonwalrus, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:)   It wasn't meant to be help.  It was a moderator doing what a moderator is meant to do, and making a note that they did it, which they're also meant to do ;)

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
i like paint net better than photoshop. photoshop to hard to read  and do stuff. thanks for that. so i use a character template sheet right for the stargate graphic?

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I fould this. Still deciding which to use. it can only be 3 frames right?

SG1.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The chevrons locking don't require animation. You can have 7 event pages with a different one on each page, and condition the pages by a variable.  Each time you want to lock the next one, just increment the variable.

If that was shared on an RPG Maker forum, I imagine there should have been some very detailed instructions on how to use it?

PS - Don't double post (mlogan pointed that out earlier).  If you need to add something, edit your last post.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Yo Shaz. Help me out. I edited some and put them on a 144x144 sheet. put it in game folder. bring it up on editor. it only highlights small rectangles of the sprite. what i'm doing wrong?

a1.png

a2.png

a3.png

a4.png

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The size of the image isn't the important here.  It can be just about any size, but it needs to be three frames wide and four frames tall.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
k, i though said it can just be one photo but changes with events? why? why does it need 3 duplicates going across? 

!$Gate2.png

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Across is the walk animation.  You could get the engine to display each frame separately or the extra could even be empty frames if you want but duplicating them across is easier.  The important part is that all the frames are there, because the engine can't just guess at whether or not the width is for 3 frames or just one.  It's the trade off for being able to make the frames any size. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR