How to apply a cloak skill

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by TicklishWasabi, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TicklishWasabi

TicklishWasabi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was wondering if there is a way to make a state that cloaks the user in flame or something so that when they're attacked by the enemy the enemy takes elemental damage. (fire in this example) Kind of like the counterattack skill but it would have different animation based on the element, and it would ideally do either a set amount of damage or damaged based on MATK

-Thanks

2. Thefirelion

Thefirelion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  3. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did a search and @Ossra recommended using either Hime's "Counter Skills" script or Fomar's "Counter Attack Skills" script. I haven't used these myself, but they look like good suggestions - the only issue is that you might need some custom scripting if you want to have both regular counterattacks and this "firewall"-type counter both available in your game. If that's the case, and you don't see a way to do it with any existing script, then I recommend posting a request on the RGSSx Script Requests board.

The Yanfly scripts that @Thefirelion suggested won't work, unless I'm misunderstanding what they do. My impression is that Element Reflect allows for different counter rates against different elements, not that it lets you counterattack using elemental damage.

4. Thefirelion

Thefirelion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, it occurs to me that he/she could request a script addon that works with 1 of the 2 types of script (With the counter or the reflect)

logically, I would say to work with the reflect script, since it has implemented the method that detects the id of the element that the enemy used or that the actor uses.
    But it is in the opinion of the scripters.

5. TicklishWasabi

TicklishWasabi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok, thanks to both of you, I'll check out Hime's scripts.

6. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Closing this thread as you wish, but if you need functionality that these scripts can't provide, don't be shy about posting a request on the Script Requests board!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.